Dear Parents and Camp Participants,
Welcome to the 2019 GPACLS’ (Greater Portland Association of Chinese Language Schools) Chinese Culture Youth Summer Camp sponsored by the Overseas Community Affairs Council, Republic of China (Taiwan). We are very excited to host this year’s fantastic summer camp in Eugene, Oregon.
Please read the following important camp information and camp rules for day and overnight campers.
Things to Bring for All Campers
- Shoe box (used as storage container for artwork to be brought home after camp). *Please label your child’s name.
- Reusable water bottle with a lid (water fountains are available in the building to refill). *Please label your child’s name.
- Sunscreen lotion (optional).
- Casual clothes appropriate for summer weather in Eugene, for 5 days and 4 nights.
- All activities are done indoors with air conditioning. Please dress appropriately for all activities (summer shorts, short-sleeve shirts, exercise shoes). *No short-shorts, flip-flops and any activity slippers are allowed during camp hours.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, & house slippers. (overnight)
- Pajamas, socks and undergarments. (overnight)
- Bath towel, bath soap, & shampoo. (overnight optional)
*Please label all your personal items if possible. The Camp will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Day Camp (indoor activities):
All activities are held in a secure indoor building with air conditioning. Please dress appropriately for all the camp activities (summer shorts, short-sleeve shirts, and exercise shoes). *No short-shorts, flip-flops and any activity slippers are allowed during camp hours.
Camp Location: (see attached map)
First Baptist Church 3550 Fox meadow Rd. Eugene, OR 97408
From Tuesday through Saturday, 6/25/2019 to 6/29/2019).
Overnight Camp Residence: Quality Inn & Suites (3550 Gateway Street Springfield, Oregon 97477)
Performance time: 6/29/2019 (Sat) 1:15 p.m. ~ 2:00 p.m.
Performance place: First Baptist Church GYM 3550 Fox Meadow Rd. Eugene, OR 97408)
Camper Pick-up and Drop-off Date and Time
Please check-in with the camp staff when you pick-up and drop-off your child/children.
For All Campers:
- On Tuesday, 6/25/2019, please arrive on time. Check-in at First Baptist Church at 1:30 p.m
3550 Fox meadow Rd. Eugene, OR 97408
- Camp activities will start at 2 pm.
For Day Campers:
- From Tuesday to Friday, 6/25/2019 – 6/28/2019, please pick-up your campers between 5:00 to 5:15 p.m.
- On Saturday, 6/29/2019, please check-out after the performances between 2:00 to 2:30 p.m. at the First Baptist Church.
*Please contact Jen Jen Hwang-Shum at (541) 513-7806 or Amy TenBrink at (503) 789-2844 for late arrival and pick-up.
Camp General Information
Overnight campers will be housed in the Quality Inn & Suites (3550 Gateway Street Springfield, Oregon 97477)
- Breakfast will be provided and served in the breakfast room of the hotel. Lunch will be served at the camp site. Dinner will be catered.
- Campers will be grouped by age as much as possible. Each team will be assigned to have Camp Counselors. Camp Counselors will supervise and attend the classes, mealtimes, and participate with team members in daily activities for the entire camp duration.
- To ensure the safety of campers, all visitors must check-in at the front desk of the facility where campers are dropped-off at the First Baptist Church. Camp staff at the front desk will direct visitors to the appropriate place to meet the campers.
- For overnight campers, breakfast will be provided from Tuesday through Saturday at the hotel. Dinner from Tuesday through Friday evening during camp hours.
- For all campers, lunches and snacks will be provided from Wednesday through Saturday.
- Water fountains are available in the First Baptist Church.
*If your children have any dietary restrictions, please inform us when you are checking-in on 6/25/2019.
- All campers need to stay with their assigned teams throughout the entire camp hours.
- Campers are responsible for unpacking and repacking their personal belongings.
- All overnight campers need to stay in their assigned team groups and hotel rooms during the camp afterhours.
- If necessary, due to illnesses or other personal reasons, campers may check-out prior to 6/29/2019. However once campers leave camp, recheck-in will not be accepted. No refunds for early check-outs.
- Campers must participate in classes and group activities. Campers must follow camp teachers and/or counselors’ instructions at all times.
- Do not bring any valuable items to camp. The camp will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- No usage of personal computers, tablets, cell phones, or any other personal computing or entertainment devices during camp hours.
*For emergency, during camp hours please contact
Jen Jen Hwang-Shum (541) 513-7806, Amy TenBrink (503) 789-2844,
*After camp hours, please contact Jen Jen Hwang-Shum (541) 513-7806 or Luh Jang Chen (541) 760-6097.
Camp Closing Ceremony
The last day of camp is on Saturday, June 29, 2019. We will have a closing ceremony at the First Baptist Church between 1 ~ 2:00 p.m. All parents and family friends, please arrive at 12:45 p.m. All campers will showcase what they learned throughout the week in group performances and students’ artworks will be displayed in the room as well.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Camp Director, Jen Jen Hwang-Shum (541) 513-7806
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Luh Jang Chen
Posted in News & Announcements, Summer Camp夏令營 by gpacls with .