August 30

Relative-B

哇,好大的蛋糕好啊。 Wow, what a big cake.
這是今晚令尊生日宴會的蛋糕嗎?
The cake it’s tonight for your birthday party?
是呀,我爸爸六十歲生日。 大家都很重視。
Yes, my dad’s sixtieth birthday. Everyone pays attention.
今天晚上客人很多嗎?
Are there many guests tonight?
沒有! 只請幾位親戚而已。 no! Just a few relatives.
可是聽說你有很多親戚。 But I heard that you have many relatives.
是呀,你等一下。 Yes, wait a minute.
來! 你看。 這一位是我的叔叔。 Come! look. This one is my uncle.
那,這一位呢? Well, what about this one?
這位是我舅舅。 This is my uncle.
這一位是你媽媽。 This one is your mother.
對! 你見過我媽媽。 Right! You have seen my mother.
這兩位是我的阿姨。 These two are my aunts.
舅舅和阿姨是我媽媽的兄弟姐妹。
The uncle and aunt are my mother’s siblings.
嗯,你真的有很多親戚。
Well, you really have a lot of relatives.
是啊,Yes,
我真希望能認識他們。 I really wish I could meet them.
今天晚上就會認識了。 Will meet tonight.
太好了,我們準備去參加生日宴會吧。
Great, let’s go to the birthday party.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Relative-B
August 30

Relatives-A

親戚,昨天令尊的生日,宴會怎麼樣?
How was your father‘s birthday party yesterday?
親戚全都來了,客人很多。
all of our relatives came.  we had a lot of guests.
因為我有事,所以不能去真可惜!你有很多親戚嗎?
I couldn’t go because I was busy. It‘s a pity. Do you have a lot of relatives?
我有三個叔叔,一個舅舅和兩個阿姨
I have three shushu on my father side, one JiuJiu and two  Ayi
叔叔跟你是什麼關係呢?
what relative is shushu to you?
是我父親的弟弟。
My father’s younger brother
舅舅和阿姨呢?
What about the JiuJiu and Ayi?
是我母親的兄弟姐妹,
I my JiuJiu  is my mother’s brother and my Ayi are my mother’s sisters.
我真希望認識他們。
 I really wish I could meet them.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Relatives-A
August 29

Seeing A Doctor-B

大年!
你看我買了好吃的蛋糕一起吃吧?
You see, I bought a delicious cake to eat together?
你不舒服嗎?你怎麼都沒吃?
Are you sick? You haven’t eaten anything?
我胃口不好不想吃東西。
I have a bad appetite and don’t want to eat.
有沒有咳嗽?
Do you have a cough?
你可能感冒了!You may have a cold!
而且我剛剛量過體溫,我有一點發燒。
And I just had my temperature taken and I have a little fever.
那你頭痛嗎?Do you have a headache?
是昨天開始頭痛的.今天更嚴重了。
It was yesterday that the headache started today, and it got worse today.
你應該去看醫生。
You should see a doctor.
我不用看醫生啦!
I don’t need to see a doctor!
醫生會開藥方給你,只要按時服藥,
多休息,應該很快就會好起來的。
The doctor will prescribe medicine for you, as long as you take the medicine on time and rest more, you should get better soon.
謝謝!我等一下就去看醫生。
Thanks! I’ll go to the doctor in a minute.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Seeing A Doctor-B
August 28

Illness-B

這些照片你照的好極了。You took these photos very well.

謝謝! 哈啾! 怎麼了,你感冒了嗎?What’s the matter, do you have a cold?

我想是昨天在阿裡山比較冷,衣服穿得太少了。I think it was colder in Alishan yesterday, I didn’t wear enough .

你量過體溫了嗎?Have you taken your temperature?

還沒有,不過我有一點鼻塞。Not yet, But, I have a bit of a stuffy nose .

身體還有不舒服的地方嗎?Is there any discomfort in your body?

喉嚨也很痛。 Sore throat too.

你最好讓醫生檢查一下。You’d better see a doctor.

我吃幾片阿司匹林多喝一點水就會好的。I’ll take a few aspirins and have some water,

and then I’ll be fine.

等一下你比較方便的時候,我再來拜訪你好了。
Wait  another time when it is more convenient for you, I will visit you again.

好啊! ok!

 

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Illness-B
August 28

Illness-A

生病Illness

王先生: 你怎麼了?身體不舒服嗎? What’s the matter? Do you feel uncomfortable?

方先生: 我有一點兒鼻塞, 喉嚨也很痛。 I have a bit of a stuffy nose and sore throat.

王先生: 你量過體溫了嗎? 有沒有發燒? Have you taken your temperature yet? Do you have a fever?

方先生: 我量過了, 有一點兒發燒。I have taken my temperature.  I have a slight fever.

王先生: 也許是感冒了。怎麼會生病呢? Maybe it’s a cold.  How did you catch a cold?

方先生: 我想是昨天衣服穿得太少了。 I didn’t wear enough yesterday.

王先生: 你最好讓醫生檢查一下。You’d better see a doctor.

方先生: 我吃幾片阿司匹林,多喝點水, 就會好了。I’ll take a few aspirins and have some water, and then I’ll be fine. Continue reading

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Illness-A
August 27

Renting A House-B

請問張太太在嗎?Excuse me.  Is Mrs. Chang there?

我叫丁小月,我跟他約好來看房子的。My name is Ding Xiaoyue, and I made an appointment with her to see the room.

我媽媽有事出去了。 我可以帶您看房子。My mom is out. I can show you the house.

好的。 OK.

請進。 Please come in.

您覺得這件套房怎麼樣?What do you think of this suite?

這房間大小正好。 光線也不錯。The room is just the right size. The lighting is pretty good.

是呀,很適合單身族。Yes, it is suitable for single person.

請問房租一個月多少錢呢?How much is the rent per month?

房租一個月一萬塊錢。 押金要三萬元。The rent is 10,000 NTD per month. The security deposit is 30,000 NTD.

好貴呦! So expensive!

這間套房,剛剛有油漆過,窗簾、地毯也全是新的,還附全部的傢俱。This suite has just been painted, the curtains, carpets are all new, and all the furniture is include.

那水電、瓦斯費呢?How about utilities and gas fee?

當然是房客自己付。 你要租這間套房嗎?Of course the tenant pays for it. Do you want to rent this suite?

我很喜歡房租,可以算我便宜點嗎?I like rent very much; can you count me cheaper?

你可以跟我媽媽談一談。You can talk to my mother.

好的。OK.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Renting A House-B
August 26

An Advertisement-B

廣告/广告
An Advertisement
小月你在看什麼?
小月你在看什么?
What are you looking at, Xiao yue?
我在看房屋出租的廣告。
我在看房屋出租的广告。
I’m looking at an advertisement for an rental house.
是你自己要住的嗎?
是你自己要住的吗?
Is this rental for yourself?
是啊!
我想要找靠近公園的房子,
我想要找靠近公园的房子,
Yes! I’m looking for a house near the park, do you know of any houses for rent near here?
我要想一想。 我想起來了!
我要想一想。我想起来了!
I’ll think about it. I remember! There is a house for rent nearby.
真的嗎?
真的吗?
Really?
屋主是張太太, 他是我的好朋友。屋主是张太太, 他是我的好朋友。
The owner of the house is Mrs. Zhang, who is my good friend.
這是他的電話,你趕緊跟他連絡吧!这是他的电话,你赶紧跟他连络吧!
This is his phone number, please contact him now!
謝謝如果成交的話,
谢谢如果成交的话,

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on An Advertisement-B
August 26

An Advertisement-A

廣告 An Advertisement

您買這麽多份報紙做什麽?Why did you buy so many newspapers?

我想看看房屋出租廣告。I want to see the rental ads.

您在找房子,準備搬家嗎?You’re looking for a house. Are you getting ready to move?

是呀, 您知道這附近有房子出租嗎?Yes, I am.  Do you know if there are any places for rent in this area?

您可以找房屋仲介公司介紹合適的房子。You can find a rental agency to help you find a suitable place.

我不想付仲介費, 我要自己找。I don’t want to pay brokerage fees.  I’ll look by myself.

您想租多大的房子?要不要帶家具?How big of a place do you want to rent?  Do you want it furnished?

我想租一間有衛浴設備的套房,最好帶家具。I want to rent a suite with bathroom and shower, better with furniture. Continue reading

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on An Advertisement-A