September 26

Shopping in a supermarket-A

逛超市 Shopping in a supermarket

好新鮮的水果,價錢也不貴。

This fruit is very fresh.  Besides, the price isn’t expensive, neither.

這家新開幕超級市場價錢公道,而且購物環境也很舒服。

This news supermarket provides not only fair prices but also a cozy environment.

超級市場比傳統市場貨色齊全。

There are more items sold in supermarkets than those in traditional markets.

超級市場有冷藏設備,所以食物更新鮮、衛生。

The refrigeration facilities in supermarkets make the food fresher and more sanitary.

除了東西價廉物美之外,停車也很方便。

Aside from the reasonable price and excellent quality, parking is also very easy.

超級市場的生鮮蔬果都是直接向產地批發的,所以價錢比較便宜。

Supermarkets procure their goods directly from the producers, so their price  are even lower.

許多人下班以後,都會到這裡買菜。

A lot of people buy food here after work.

超級市場營業時間長,買東西不但方便而且省時。

A lot of people buy food here after work. The business hours of the supermarket a longer.  And it’s more convenient and timesaving to shop there.

 

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Shopping in a supermarket-A
September 25

A Mother’s Day Gift-B

母親節的禮物
A Mother’s Day Gift
母親節快到了, 你要送什麼禮物呢?
Mother’s day is coming. What are you going to give?
啊! 我差點就忘了,母親節是什麼時候?
I almost forgot. When is mother’s Day?
我來查查看記事本。
I’ll check my calendar.
你看!下個星期天五月十二號,就是母親節了.
Look! May 12th, next Sunday, is Mother’s Day.
你要送什麼禮物?
What are you going to send?
我媽媽什麼也不缺, 實在很難決定.
Mom doesn’t need anything so it’s really hard to decide..
買化妝品怎麼樣? 聽說,化妝品和首飾都是女人的最愛。
How about cosmetics? I heard cosmetics and jewelry are ladies favorites.
誰說的?像我媽媽從來不用化妝, 也不戴首飾。
Who said so? My mom never wears make-up nor jewelry.
我媽媽一向喜歡花草,就買盆栽好了
Mom has always loved plants, and I’ll buy her a plant.
你想到要送什麼禮物了嗎?
What are you going to give your mom?
有了! 我要送機票給我的媽媽, 請她到臺灣來旅行。Right! I‘ll send a plane ticket to my mom, and invite her to Taiwan.
哇! 聽起來很不錯! 你真用心!
Sounds great! You’re really sweet.
55-B

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on A Mother’s Day Gift-B
September 25

Mother’s Day Gift-AA

母親節的禮物A Mother’s Day Gift

我們來查查月曆,看今年的母親節是五月幾號。

Let’s check up the calendar to see which date is Mother’s Day this year.

今年的母親節是五月十四號。

May fourteenth is Mother’s Day this year.

媽媽樣樣不缺, 實在很難決定

Mom has everything. It’s really difficult to make a decision.

媽一向喜歡____________,就買__________好了。

Mom has always loved __________________. Let’s buy her _______________.

Continue reading

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Mother’s Day Gift-AA
September 25

A Mother’s Day Gift-A

母親節的禮物 A Mother’s Day Gift

我們來查查月曆看今年的母親節是五月幾號.Let’s check up the calendar to see which date is Mother’s Day this year.

下個星期天五月十號就是母親節了.It falls on May 10th.  That’s Next Sunday.

咱們商量一下,看要送什麼禮物比較好.Let’s discuss what to give to mom.

媽媽樣樣不缺, 實在很難決定.Mom Has everything. It’s really difficult to make a decision.

化妝品和首飾都是女人的最愛.Cosmetics and jewelry are ladies favorites.

媽從不用化妝, 也不戴首飾,這些好像都不合適.Mom never wears make-up nor jewelry. I don’t think these kinds of things would be right.

盆栽呢, 像長春藤之類的, 怎麼樣?Let’s buy a plant like ivy or something like that.  What do you think?

好主意,媽一向喜歡花草,就買盆栽好了.Mom has always loved plants. Let’s buy her a plant.

Continue reading

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on A Mother’s Day Gift-A
September 24

Good Health Is Important (A)


健康的重要Good Health Is Important
聽說您住院了,趕緊來看您,好點了嗎?
I came to see you immediately well I heard you were hospitalized. Are you getting better?
好多了,因為胃出血,所以醫生要我住院。 I feel much better. I have a bleeding ulcer. That’s why the doctor suggested me stay in the hospital.
怎麼會這樣呢?
How did you get this problem?
因為愛喝酒,所以把胃弄壞了。
I messed up my stomach because I drink too much.
喝酒對身體只有壞處沒有好處。
Drinking can only do you harm. It’s no good at all.
以後我一定要遵照醫生的吩咐,不會再喝酒了。 I’ll follow the doctor’s instruction. I’ll quit drinking.
對啊,身體健康做起事來才有精神。
That’s right. Only when you have a good health, can you do your work with energy.
我就是平時不注意,等到生病以後才知道健康的重要。
I haven’t been taking good care of myself. I realize the importance of health when I got sick.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Good Health Is Important (A)
September 23

Sweet & Sour Pork


糖醋排骨Sweet and Sour Pork

在超級市場買東西,真方便,

It’s very convenient to shop in a supermarket

這家超級市場好像是一間大雜貨店,應有盡有。

This is supermarket is like a large grocery store where you can buy almost everything。

這些排骨是冷凍的嗎?

Are these spell rips frozen?

這兒的東西都很新鮮,可以買一點。

They are fresh we can buy some

我想吃糖醋排骨。

I want to eat sweet and sour pork。

好哇,我們就買一磅番茄,一磅洋蔥,一磅排骨來做糖醋排骨。

All right we need to buy a pond of tomatoes a part of onions and a pound of spareribs to make a sweet and sour pork

你喜歡香蕉還是蘋果呢?

What about fruit do you like bananas or apples?

我愛吃蘋果,這裡的蘋果又大又紅看起來非常好吃。

I have to eat apples the apple here are big and red and look delicious.

 

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Sweet & Sour Pork
September 22

Buying A Pair of Shoes (B)

我想要買一雙鞋。I want to buy a pair of shoes.

為什麼要買鞋? Why buy shoes?

因為我要參加朋友的生日派對,沒有合適的鞋可以穿。 Since I’m going to a friend’s birthday party, I don’t have the right shoes to wear.

小麗你喜歡哪一雙? Which pair do you like, Lily?

我想試試這雙黃色的高跟鞋。 I want to try this pair of yellow high heels

試一試喽。 Give it a try.

樣式是不錯,可是鞋跟太低了。 The style is good, but the heel is too low.

那試試這雙黑色的。 Then try these black ones.

文文,真的很謝謝你,可是— Wenwen, thank you very much, but—

你不喜歡這雙鞋嗎? Don’t you like these shoes?

不是,這雙鞋不是我的尺寸。 No, these shoes are not my size.

買鞋子穿的舒服最重要。 The most important thing is to buy shoes that are comfortable to wear.

哪裡有賣便宜的鞋? Where can I find cheap shoes?

我家附近啊。 near my house. 不過一分錢一分貨,鞋子的品質最重要。 But you get what you pay for, and the quality of the shoes is the most important.

 

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Buying A Pair of Shoes (B)