Dear Parents and Camp Participants,
Welcome to the 2021 GPACLS’ (Greater Portland Association of Chinese Language Schools) Chinese Culture Youth Summer Camp sponsored by the Overseas Community Affairs Council, Republic of China (Taiwan). We are excited to host this year’s fantastic summer camp in Corvallis, Oregon.
Please read the following important camp information and camp rules.
Things to Bring for All Campers.
- Reusable water bottle with a lid (water fountains are available in the building to refill). *Please label the bottle with your child’s name.
- Sunscreen lotion (optional).
- Casual clothes appropriate for summer weather in Corvallis, for 5 days.
- All activities are done indoors with air conditioning. Please dress appropriately for all activities (summer shorts, short-sleeve shirts, exercise shoes). *No short-shorts, flip-flops and any activity slippers are allowed during camp hours.
*Please label all your personal belongings if possible. The Camp will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Camper Pick-up and Drop-off Date and Time
Please check-in with the camp staff when you pick-up and drop-off your child/children.
For All Campers:
For Group A Campers:
- On Monday, 8/2, 2021 please arrive on time. Check-in at Ashbrook Independent School at 8:45 a.m.
Research Way Corvallis, OR 97333
- Camp activities will start at 9 a.m.
- please pick-up your campers between 12:00 to 12:15 p.m.
All Staff need to take break for afternoon class.
For Group B Campers:
- On Monday, 8/2, 2021 please arrive on time. Check-in at Ashbrook Independent School at 12:45 p.m.
Research Way Corvallis, OR 97333
- Camp activities will start at 1 p.m.
- please pick-up your campers between 4:00 to 4:15 p.m.
*Please contact Lucinda Chien (574) 485-6974 for late arrival and pick-up.
Daily Camp Schedule
|Group A||Group B||8/2~8/6|
|9:00~9:50||1:00~1:50||Chinese Folk Sport: Yo-Yo|
|10:00~10:50||2:00~2:50||Dance: Iron Fan/ Puppet Show|
|11:00~11:50||3:00~3:50||Chinese Calligraphy & Painting (Lantern)|
- All campers need to stay with their assigned teams throughout the entire camp hours.
- Campers are responsible for unpacking and repacking their personal belongings.
- If necessary, due to illnesses or other personal reasons, campers may check-out prior to 8/6/2021. However once campers leave camp, recheck-in will not be accepted. No refunds for early check-outs.
- Campers must participate in classes and group activities. Campers must follow camp teachers at all times.
- Do not bring any valuable items to camp. The camp will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items.
*For emergency, during camp hours please contact.
Lucinda Chien (574) 485-6974 / Chaur-Fong Chen (503) 880-0606
Camp Closing Ceremony
Performance time: 8/14/2021 (Sat) 4:00 p.m. ~ 5:00 p.m.
Performance place: Online Meeting (notify later)
To secure your place in the summer camp, please send the check before July 15 to
Ashbrook Independent School 4045 Research Way Corvallis, Or 97330
Attn: Luh Jang Chen
After July 15, your fee will be $120.
Thank you for your understanding.
From Ashbrook Independent School Advancement and Facilities Director
Hello Chinese Culture Camp Families!
Although it is not an Ashbrook program, Ashbrook Independent School has asked us to follow certain protocols while using their facility. There are a few important documents for you to read and sign in order for your student to participate in the first day of camp.
- Read and print for your reference this Daily Health Screening Tool to know when to keep your student home from camp.
- Read and sign electronically this Parent Commitment Form (https://bit.ly/3uXAM8G)
- Read and sign electronically this Emergency Medical Form (https://bit.ly/3fFhqPx)
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Luh Jang Chen
Posted in Summer Camp夏令營 by gpacls with .