February 4

I want to Eat Hamburgers (二)

媽媽煮飯
我想吃漢堡I want to Eat Hamburgers
文文:我想吃漢堡跟薯條,
我們可不可以出去吃?
Vivian: I want to eat hamburgers and fries, can we go out to eat?
媽媽:今天先在家吃,周末再出去吃吧!
今天晚餐想吃什麼?
Mom: Let’s eat at home first today, we will go out to eat on the weekend, ok?
What do you want to eat for dinner today?
大文:我想吃麵。文文,你呢?
Devin: I want to eat noodles. Vivian, What about you?
文文:我想吃蛋炒飯,有湯嗎?
Vivian: I want to eat egg fried rice, is there soup?
媽媽:我已經做了玉米湯。
Mom: I already made corn soup.
大文:媽,我現在很餓,想快點吃晚飯,好嗎?
Devin: Mom, I am very hungry right now. I want to eat dinner earlier.
LLC2-4

https://youtu.be/BLj94EFYWCU

Category: Let's learn Chinese | Comments Off on I want to Eat Hamburgers (二)
February 3

Going to the Supermarket (二)

LLC 2-3
去超級市場Going to the supermarket
大文:媽媽,你要去哪裡?
Devin: Mom, Where are you going?
媽媽:我要去附近的超級市場買東西,你要跟我一起去嗎?
Mom: I am going to the supermarket nearby to buy something; do you want to come with me?
大文:要,我想去買巧克力冰淇淋。你今天要買什麼?
Devin: Yes, I want to buy chocolate ice cream. What are you buying today?
媽媽:我今天要買魚、牛肉、青菜,還要買米。
Mom: I am buy fish, beef, green vegetables and rice today.
大文:我也可以買糖果嗎?
Devin: Can I also buy candy?
媽媽:我們去看一下吧!
Mom: Let’s go together And see ok?

2-3 supermarket


https://youtu.be/FNL7A3PcJ4Q

Category: Let's learn Chinese | Comments Off on Going to the Supermarket (二)
February 2

Picking Apples

摘蘋果Picking apples

草原村的半山上, In the hills of  the Meadow Village,

有一片蘋果園。 There is an apple orchard.

秋天到了,紅紅的蘋果掛滿枝頭,

When the autumn arrives, red apples hang from all the branches,

遠遠看過去美極了。What an exquisitely beautiful view from afar.

中文學校的家長和學生,常常輪流上山摘蘋果,

Parents and students of the Chinese school frequently take turns going to the hills to pick apples.

然後做成蘋果餅,分送到老人院去。

Then baking apple into apple pies and distribute(delivering) them to various nursing homes.

這個星期六,有六家人一起上山,

This Saturday, six families went up the mountain(orchard) together,

果園主人笑眯眯地說:

The orchard owner said with a smile:

在這兒吃多少都不要錢,

No matter how many you eat here, it won’t cost a dime (for free; no money).

帶走的每箱五塊錢。

But it costs five dollars per bucket to take them with you.

果園很大,果樹不高,蘋果香甜可口。

The orchard was rather large, the fruit trees are not very high, and the apples fragrant, sweet and delicious.

大家一邊摘一邊吃,跑跑跳跳,

Everyone ate apples as they picked, running and skipping around, and enjoyed themselves all the way

一直玩到太陽下山才回家。

till sunset when they had to go home.

第二天一大早,每家人都忙著做蘋果餅,

Early the next morning, all the family were busy making apple pies,

吃完中飯以後,After lunch,

大家把蘋果餅和許多蘋果,送到老人院去。

They delivered the apple pie and many apples to the nursing home.

許多老人早就在客廳里等著了。

Many seniors had  already been waiting in the lobby (the living room).

當孩子們捧著香噴噴的蘋果餅走進來的時候,

When the children walked in carrying the delicious smelling apple pies,

他們高興地拍手。

They clap their hands cheerfully.

老人們高興地吃著蘋果餅,大家一起唱歌一起說笑,老人院裡充滿了歡樂。

While the seniors enjoyed the apple pies, everyone sang and talked and laughed together. The nursing home was fulling of joy.

工作人員陪他們去看病房裡的老人。

The staff members accompanied them to visit the seniors in the infirmary.

中中說:老爺爺,願你快點好起來,祝你好運!

Zhong Zhong said: Grandpa(Sir), I wish you a speedy recovery and best of luck!

明明說:老奶奶! 這些蘋果送給您,祝您好運!

Mingming said: Grandma! These apples are a present for you, and our best wishes to you!

老奶奶開心地說:小天使,謝謝你們!

The old grandma said happily: “Little angel, thank you all!”

孩子們的笑臉像紅紅的蘋果,

The children’s smiling faces, which looked just like red apples,

溫暖了老人的心。

Warmed the heart of the seniors.

他們說:謝謝你們來! 願你們永遠平安快樂!

They said: Thank you for coming! May you always be safe and happy!

在回家的路上,明明心中充滿喜樂。

On the way home, Ming Ming’s heart was filled with joy.

明明說:原來,帶給別人快樂,能使自己更快樂。
Ming Ming said: It turns out that bringing happiness to others can make oneself happier.

(Making others happy can actually give me feel even better) Continue reading

Category: MeiZhou Chinese | Comments Off on Picking Apples
February 1

A Small Red Apple

我是一個小小的紅蘋果。

I am a small red apple.

我能照亮孩子們的笑臉,

I can illuminate the smiling faces of children,

我能溫暖老人們的心窩。

I can warm the hearts of the elderly.

我是一個小小的紅蘋果。

I am a small red apple.

我能使運動員充滿活力,

I can fill the energy of an athlete. (energize athletes),

我能使遠行者不怕口渴。

I can quench the thirst of a traveler.

我是一個小小的紅蘋果。

I am a small red apple.

我能使生病的人有信心,

I can give confidence to the sick,

我願人們永遠平安快樂。

I wish people peace and happiness forever.

我是一個小小的紅蘋果。

I am a small red apple.

我長在樹枝上,

I grow on a branch,

請快來摘下我。
Please come quickly to pick me off.

Category: MeiZhou Chinese | Comments Off on A Small Red Apple