March 12

A Special Birthday Card

特別的生日卡片 A Special Birthday Card
大文:張莉的生日快到了,我想送一張特別的卡片給她。
Devin: Lily’s birthday is almost here. I want to give a special card to her.
爸爸:你要自己畫一張卡片嗎?
Dad: Do you want to draw a card?
大文:我同學說可以用電腦做卡片。你可以教我怎麼做嗎?
Devin: My classmate says I can use the computer to make a card. Can you teach me how to do that?
爸爸:你可以在網路上選一張卡片。你要什麼圖案?
Dad: You can choose a card on the Internet. What kind of design do you want?
大文:我想要有蛋糕、蠟燭、氣球的圖案。
Devin: I want a design with a cake, candles, and balloons.
爸爸:選好了。你要在卡片上寫幾句祝福的話嗎?
Dad: I’ve finished choosing one. Do you want to write some well-wishes on the card?
大文:我要寫「祝你生日快樂、天天開心」。
Devin: I want to write “I wish you a Happy Birthday and happiness every day.”
爸爸:好,我幫你打字,張莉收到這張卡片應該很高興。
Dad: OK, I’ll help you type it. Lily should be very happy to receive this card.

Category: Let's learn Chinese | Comments Off on A Special Birthday Card
March 11

Going to the Amusement Park

去遊樂園玩Going to the Amusement Park
心美:上星期我去遊樂園玩,你們去過嗎?
May: Last week I went to the amusement park. Have you all gone before?
友朋:我去過很多次,今年又去了一次。
Joe: I’ve gone many times, and this year I went again.
心美:你們覺得什麼最好玩?
May: What do you all think is the most fun?
友朋:我喜歡旋轉木馬,一會兒上,一會兒下,很好玩。
Joe: I like the carousel. Going up a little while then down a little while is really fun.
東明:我最喜歡碰碰車,撞來撞去 很有趣。
Tony: I like the bumper cars. Bumping over and over again is fun
心美:我覺得摩天輪最好玩,可是到了最高的地方,有點可怕。
May: I think the Ferris Wheel is the most fun, but when I arrive at the top it’s a little scary.
東明:你們敢不敢坐雲霄飛車?我敢坐,可是有一點緊張。
Tony: Are you afraid to go on the roller coaster? That is even scarier!
心美:我不敢,它太快了,聽到別人大叫,我就更緊張。
May: I don’t dare. It’s too fast. When I hear someone else screaming, I get nervous.

Category: Let's learn Chinese | Comments Off on Going to the Amusement Park
March 10

Culture Week

文化週 Culture Week

老師:下個禮拜是文化週,你們要介紹什麼?

Teacher: Next week is Culture Week. What do you all want to introduce?

張莉:我可以帶毛筆來,教大家寫書法。

Lily: I can bring a brush pen and teach everyone how to write calligraphy.

東明:我想介紹臺灣小吃,請媽媽幫我做炒米粉。

Tony: I want to introduce Taiwanese snacks. I’ll ask my mom to help me make fried vermicelli.

大文:我很會扯鈴,我要表演扯鈴。

Devin: I can really play the diabolo. I’ll do a diabolo performance for everyone.

心美:我要教大家怎麼用筷子夾豆子。

May: I want to teach everyone how to use chopsticks to pick up beans.

大文:除了扯鈴,我還可以踢毽子,我踢毽子也很厲害。

Devin: Besides the Chinese yo-yo, I can kick a shuttlecock too. I’m awesome at kicking the shuttlecock.

老師:非常好!大家回去好好準備吧!

Teacher: Excellent! Everyone goes home and do a good job preparing.

友朋:我什麼都不會,怎麼辦?

Joe: I can’t do anything. What should I do?

心美:沒關係,你跟我一起夾豆子就好了。

May: No problem, you can just pick up beans with chopsticks with me.

Category: Let's learn Chinese | Comments Off on Culture Week
March 9

My Neighbor (三)

我的鄰居 My Neighbor

張莉:聽說你搬家了。新家離學校遠不遠?

Lily: I heard you moved? Is your new home far from school?

心美:離學校有一點遠,我搬到公園路100號。

May: It’s a little far from school. I moved to No.100, Gong yuan Rd.

東明:你家附近有公園嗎?

Tony: There’s a park near your home?

心美:有一個大公園,就在我家前面。我家旁邊都是房子。

May: There’s big park, just in front of my home. Next to my home is housing.

張莉:你認識你的鄰居嗎?

Lily: Do you know your neighbors?

心美:我認識右邊的鄰居,他家有兩個小朋友,還有一隻鳥。

May: I know the neighbor on our right side. They have two children and a bird.

東明:那麼,你認識左邊的鄰居嗎?

Tony: Well then, do you know the neighbor on your left side?

心美:我家左邊是一棟很舊的房子,現在沒有人住。

May: The housing on our left side is really old. No one lives there now.

Category: Let's learn Chinese | Comments Off on My Neighbor (三)
March 8

Let’s Play (三)

我們來玩吧 Let’s Play
心美:下課了,我們去教室外面玩吧!
May: Class is over. Let’s go outside the classroom and play!
大文:我們來玩捉迷藏,好不好?
Devin: How about we play hide and seek?
東明:我總是找不到你們,不好玩。我們去溜滑梯。
Tony: I can never find you all. That’s no fun. Let’s go play on the slide.
張莉:我不敢溜滑梯,因為太高了。
Lily: I don’t dare play on the slide, because it’s too high.
心美:我們上個星期才學了扯鈴,今天練習一下吧!
May: Last week we just learned the chinese yo-yo. Today let’s practice a little!
友朋:我不想扯鈴,我們來跳繩, 看看誰跳得久。
Joe: I don’t want to practice the chinese yo-yo. Let’s jump rope and see who can jump the longest.
心美:那麼,我們猜拳決定吧! 來!剪刀、石頭、布。
May: Well then, let’s play rock-paper-scissors to decide! Rock, paper, scissors!
大文:哈哈!我贏了,今天玩捉 迷藏吧!
Devin: Haha! I won! Today let’s play hide and seek!


Category: Let's learn Chinese | Comments Off on Let’s Play (三)
March 7

Tony’s Sick (三)

3-7

東明生病了Tony’s Sick 老師: 東明,你怎麽了?爲什麽 趴在桌子上? Teacher: Tony, what happened to you? Why are you lying down on your desk? 張莉: 老師,東明說他身體不舒服,好像生病了。 Lily: Teacher, Tony says he feels uncomfortable. It seems like he got sick. 老師: 東明,你的臉有點紅,可能是發燒了。 你什麽時候開始覺得不舒服? Teacher:  Tony, your face is a little red. You may have a fever. When did you start feeling uncomfortable? 東明: 早上的時候就有點不舒服,現在喉嚨痛, 頭也很痛。 Tony:  This morning I felt a little uncomfortable. Now my throat hurts, and I have a headache too. 老師:: 我想你是感冒了。你先休息一下, 我給你媽媽打電話。 Teacher: I think you’ve caught a cold. Go rest first, and I’ll call your mom. 心美: 老師,我的肚子很痛,很想吐。我想去上厠所,可以嗎? May: Teacher, my stomach hurts. I really want to vomit. May I go to the bathroom? 張莉:老師,我陪心美去。 Lily: Teacher, I’ll accompany 老師: 東明,等一下你媽媽會來接你,帶你去看醫生。 May. Teacher: Tony, in a moment your mother will come pick you up and take you to see a doctor.

3-7 Sick


Category: Let's learn Chinese | Comments Off on Tony’s Sick (三)
March 6

Christmas Is Coming (三)

聖誕節快到了 Christmas Is Coming

大文:哇!今天人好多,跟平常不一樣。

Devin: Ahh! There are a lot of people today. It’s not normally like this.

媽媽:下個月就是聖誕節了,大家都來買東西。

Mom: Christmas is just next month. Everyone here is shopping.

文文:媽媽,你看那棵聖誕樹好漂亮!

Vivian: Mom, look. That Christmas tree is pretty!

爸爸:我們也要買一些彩色的燈掛在窗戶上。今年你想要什麼禮物?

Dad: We have to buy some colorful lights to hang on the window. What presents do you want this year?

大文:我想要一輛玩具車,聖誕老人會送給我嗎?

Devin: I want a toy car. Will Santa Claus give me one?

爸爸:如果你聽話,聖誕老人就會送給你。 Dad: If you do what you’re told. Santa Claus will give you one.

文文:我想買一個洋娃娃,再買一張卡片寄給外公、外婆。

Vivian: I want to buy a doll, and also a card to send to Grandpa and Grandma

媽媽:我們還要買一隻聖誕襪掛在房間裡。

Mom: We also have to buy a Christmas sticking to hang in the room


Category: Let's learn Chinese | Comments Off on Christmas Is Coming (三)
March 5

It’s Gotten Cold (三)

天氣變涼了 It’s Gotten Cold
心美:喂,奶奶,我是心美,您好嗎?
Hello? Grandma, I’m May. How are you?
您那裡的天氣變涼了嗎?Has the weather gotten cool over there.
奶奶:我很好。現在的溫度大概是十八度,
I’m very well. The temperature here is about 18 degrees (Celsius).
很涼快。你那裡呢?It’s quite cool. How about over there.
心美:我們這裡已經開始下雪了,天氣非常冷,
It’s started to snow over here. It’s really cold!
差不多是零下三度。Pretty much 3 below zero.
奶奶:你得多穿一點衣服,別感冒了!
You should wear a little more clothing. Don’t catch a cold.
心美:我不喜歡冬天,冷得不得了!
I don’t like winter. It’s extremely cold!
希望春天快點來。I hope spring can come a little faster.
奶奶:我們這裡的春天很暖和,但是常常下雨。
Spring here quite warm, but it often rains.
心美:還是夏天好,比較舒服。
Summer is still better. It’s more comfortable.


Category: Let's learn Chinese | Comments Off on It’s Gotten Cold (三)