January 9

Treat me well

對我好  Treat Me Well

爺爺對我好,Grandfather treats me well;
給我買書包。buys me a backpack.
奶奶對我好,Grandmother treats me well;
給我做蛋糕。bakes a cake for me.
哥哥對我好,Older brother treats me well;
替我背書包。helps carry my backpack
姐姐對我好,Older sister treats me well;
跟我一起去慢跑。she jogs with me. Continue reading

Category: Living Mandarin | Comments Off on Treat me well
January 8

Similarly Skinny

一樣瘦 Similarly skinny
西瓜大, 肚子大, Watermelon is big, stomach is large,
爸爸的肚子像西瓜一樣大。 Father’s stomach is as big as a watermelon.
月亮彎, 眉毛彎,Moon bends (arcs), eyebrow bends,
媽媽的眉毛像月亮一樣彎。 Mother’s eyebrows bend like the moon.
蘋果紅, 臉蛋紅, The apple is red, face is red, and
妹妹的臉蛋跟蘋果一樣紅. Little sister’s face is like the red apple.
猴子瘦, 我也瘦, The monkey is skinny, I am also skinny,
我跟猴子長得一樣瘦!I am as skinny as the monkey!

Category: Living Mandarin | Comments Off on Similarly Skinny
January 5

I use it

我用它
我有一張嘴,I have one mouth,
我用它吃飯,I use it to eat,
我用它他喝水,I use it to drink.
我用它說話, I use it to talk,
還用它唱歌,and also use it to sing,
唱老歌,唱新歌,sing old songs, sing new songs,
大家聽得笑呵呵。Everybody who heard that laughed.
I use it

Category: Living Mandarin | Comments Off on I use it
January 4

Two birds

兩隻鳥 Two birds
我有兩隻鳥,I have two birds,
一隻叫你好,One is called Hello.
一隻叫美妙。One is called Sweetie. (Beautiful)
美妙的歌,唱得好。Sweetie’s music, sung very well.
你好的話,說得妙。Hello’s speech, talk excellently.
它們天天在一起,They are together every day,
說說唱唱真熱鬧!Talk and sing so lively!

Category: Living Mandarin | Comments Off on Two birds
January 3

A small secret

小秘密A Small Secret
開抽 屜,關抽屜,Open the drawer, close the drawer,
一會兒拿書本,at times I take out a book;
一會兒放鉛筆。at times I put away my pencil.
我的抽屜裏,有文具、有玩具,
There are stationery’s and toys in my drawer.
還有許多有趣的小東西。
There are also many interesting and small things.
拉抽屜,推抽屜,
Pull out the drawer, push back the drawer.
一會兒出,一會兒進。Draw out, push in.
我的抽屜裏放著一本小日記,
There is a diary lying in my drawer.
裏頭藏著許多小秘密。
There hides many secrets inside.
a small secret

Category: Living Mandarin | Comments Off on A small secret
January 2

Little pear

小梨子 Little pear

大梨子,小梨子,滿滿一籃子,

Big pear, little pear, a basket full of pears.

哥哥拿,弟弟拿,Older brother takes, little brother takes,

他們都拿小梨子。they both take little pears.

哥哥說: Older brother says:

弟弟要長大,應該吃大的。

Little brother wants to grow big, should eat the big one.

弟弟說: Little brother says:

我的年紀小應該吃小的。

My age is smaller, should eat the little one.

Category: Living Mandarin | Comments Off on Little pear