October 6

Halloween Games-B

萬聖節的游戲Halloween Games

是南瓜燈耶!It’s a jack-o-lantern.

這是陶土做的南瓜燈,裏面可以點小蠟燭哦The jack-o-lantern was made by potter’s  clay.

在國外,過萬盛節,我們都會動手做南瓜燈。People overseas make their own jack-o-lanterns on Halloween.

我知道!做南瓜燈要先把瓜肉挖乾淨,再刻上鼻子、嘴巴,非常麻煩。I know. To make a jack-o-lantern, we have to dig out the seeds and then carve a nose and a mouth. It’s too much trouble.

可是萬盛節時家家戶戶都是這樣做的。But everybody does this on Halloween.

在臺灣很少這樣做!We seldom do that in Taiwan.

我們還要打扮得怪模怪樣地去鄰居家要糖。It’s more interesting to dress up in weird costumes and go to the neighbors’ houses asking for candy.

但是我們這麽大了,不能再玩這種游戲了。But we’re too old to play this game any more.

Continue reading

October 6

Halloween Games-A

萬聖節的遊戲Halloween Games
我們去買南瓜來做南瓜燈吧。Let’s go buy a pumpkin and make a jack-o-lantern.
做南瓜燈要先把瓜肉挖乾淨,再刻上鼻子、嘴巴,非常麻煩。To make a jack-o-lantern, we have to dig out the seeds and then carve a nose and a mouth. It’s too much trouble.
可是萬盛節時家家戶戶都是這樣做的。But everybody does this on Halloween.
打扮得怪模怪樣地去鄰居家要糖,其實也很好玩。It’s more interesting to dress up in weird costumes and go to the neighbors’ houses asking for candy.
但是我們這麽大了,也不能再玩這種遊戲了。But we’re too old to play this game any more.
我可以替弟弟打扮打扮, 讓他裝扮成小飛俠。I can dress up our little brother as Peter Pan.
我幫妹妹裝扮成巫婆吧。And I’ll help our little sister dress up as witch.
好,比比看誰的化妝技術比較好。OK. We’ll see whose make-up skills are better.

Continue reading

October 5

Mid-Autumn Festival-AA

中秋月餅Autumn Festival Moon Cake

媽媽:肚子餓了吧? 要不要吃月餅?Mama:  Betty, are you hungry?  Would you like to eat a moon cake?

蓓蒂:好哇。 我要豆沙餡兒的。Betty:  OK. I’d Like one stuffed with bean paste.

媽媽:因為秋天是收穫的季節,Mama:      Mid-autumn is the harvest season,

所以在中秋節慶祝豐收。       so the Mid-Autumn Festival celebrate a fruitful harvest. Continue reading

October 4

Seeing A Friend Off-B

為朋友送行seeing a friend off

文文、大年,謝謝你們來送行。Thank you for coming to see me off

我好像不久前才來接機,現在又要來送你回美國了。

It seems that I only came to pick you up not long ago, and now I am coming to take you back to the United States.

哇,你的行李真不少,怎麼變這麼多?

Wow, you have a lot of luggage, how did it change so much?

台灣的東西又好又便宜。 所以買了好多禮物要送人。

Taiwanese has good and cheap stuff. So, I bought a lot of gifts to give away.

我看你收穫真不少呢。

I see that you have gained a lot.

這次到臺灣最大的收穫是中文進步了。

The biggest gain from my trip to Taiwan this time is that my Chinese has improved.

所以要謝謝大家。So thank you all.

每次和朋友說再見,總會忍不住的難過起來。

Each time we apart, I can’t help feeling depressed.

別這樣,開學很快就會再見面了。

Don’t be like this, we’ll meet again soon after school starts.

對啊,才兩個月的暑假一眨眼就過去了。

Yes, only two months of summer vacation passed in a blink of an eye.

我要出發了! I’m leaving!

祝你一路平安。I wish you a safe journey.

October 4

Seeing A Friend Off-A

為朋友送行seeing a friend off

一眨眼,兩個月的假期就過去了。

Two months of vacation have passed in a twinkling of an eye.

好像才剛來接機,立刻又要來送行了。

It seems as if we just picking you up, and now we’re seeing you off.

你的收穫真不少,行李有三個箱子變成了六個。

You’re really gotten quite a bit from this trip. Three suitcases have turned into six.

最大的收穫是孩子們的中文都進步了。

Our biggest gain is that the children made good progress in Chinese.

這次小弟把注音符號都學會了。

This time our little boy learned the Mandarin phonetic symbols.

芳芳中文也說得流利多了。

And Fang-Fang speaks Chinese much more fluently.

每次和朋友說再見,總會忍不住的難過起來。

Each time we apart, I can’t help feeling depressed.

別這樣,很快就會再見面了,祝你們一路平安。

Don’t be like that. We’ll see each other again soon. Bon voyage!

October 3

A Story Telling Contest-B


說故事比賽A Story Telling Contest
我要參加學校的說故事比賽。
I’m going to participate in the school storytelling competition。
是英語故事比賽嗎?
Is it an English story competition?
是說華語故事。
It’s a Chinese story.
每個參賽者說一個故事或者笑話
Each contestant can either tell a short story or tell a joke.
你的華語學的很好,應該可以拿第一名吧。
Your Chinese is very good, you should be able to take the first place.
我才不敢這麼想的呢!
I dare not think so!
這次特別請華語老師和家長來評分,我好緊張哦!
This time, I specially invited Chinese teachers and parents to rate, I am so nervous!
你選哪一個故事呢?
Which story do you choose?
我想說「差不多先生」的故事,好不好?
How about telling the tale of “Mr. more or less”?
很好哇。 你要好好兒練習,最好能背下來。
That would be good. You would better practice hard. Memorizing it would be helpful.
還要背下來?
Should I memorize it?
既然要參加,就要認真的準備。
Since you are going to join(the competition), you should do your best.

October 2

Traveling Around The Island-B

今天要到環島旅行的最後一站墾丁國家公園。

Today we are going to the last stop of our round-island tour-Kenting National Park.

這次在橫貫公路停留的時間太短了。

This time we spent on the Cross-Island Highway was too short.

就是啊,連看阿美族山地歌舞的時間都沒有。

Yeah! We didn’t even have enough time to see a performance by aborigines of the a Ami tribe.

以後有機會再來。 時間不早了,如果要去墾丁必須快一點。

We can save that for next time. We’re running out of time. If we are going to Kenting. We’d better hurry.

墾丁公園裡有各種不同的熱帶植物,非常值得一遊。

There are all kinds of tropical plants in Kenting National Park. They’re really worth seeing.

聽說臺灣的最南端是鵝鑾鼻,墾丁有迷人的海灘,鵝鑾鼻有一座古老的燈塔。

I have heard Eluanbi is the southernmost point in Taiwan.

臺灣是一個寶島,每個地方的風景都很優美。

Taiwan really is a treasure island. The scenery everywhere is so beautiful.