August 9

Buying A Train Ticket-A

買火車票Buying A Train Ticket

我要去臺北,請問下一班火車什麼時候開?I would like to go to Taipei. May I ask when the next train departs?

十五分鐘後有一班車,十點三十分開。The next train is in fifteen minutes.  It departs at ten thirty.

一張票多少錢?How much is one ticket?

您要來回票,還是單程票?Would you like a round trip ticket or one way?

我要單程票,多少錢?I would like a one way ticket. How much is that?

九十元。 這是您的車票。Ninety NTD. Here is your ticket.

在哪兒上車呢?Where do I get on the train at?

就在那邊兒, 您的左邊兒 Over there. To your left.
Continue reading

August 8

Making a Phone Call-B

打電話Making a Phone Call
今年的花卉展設計得真好! The design of the flower exhibition this year is great.
是啊! Yes, it is.
欸! 有了! 找芳芳一起來賞花。Right, let’s invite Fang Fang to watch the flowers together.
嗯!Um.
找你的! It’s for you.
大年嗎? Is this Da-Nian?
我就是, 您哪位? Yes, speaking. Who is this?
我是文文. 大年,您好。This is Wen-Wen. Hello, Da-Nian
文文. 有什麼事嗎?Wen-Wen, What can I do for you?
您有王芳芳的電話號碼嗎? Do you have the phone number of Wang Fang-Fang?
對不起, 我聽不清楚, 請大聲一點兒. I’m sorry. I can’t hear you clearly. Could you speak a little louder please?
電話有雜音, 請掛上電話, 我再撥一次。There is some static on the line. I’ll hang up and call again later.

Continue reading

August 8

Making a Phone Call-A

打電話Making a Phone Call

麻煩您, 請找方先生接電話May I ask you to put Mr. Fang on the phone, please?

我就是,您哪位?This is Mr. Fang speaking. And you are…?

我是王明華。 大衛, 您好。I am Wang Ming-Hua. Hello, Ta-Wei.

您好。 有什麼事嗎?Hello. What do you need?

您有李文的電話號碼嗎?Do you have Li Wen’s telephone number?

對不起, 我聽不清楚, 請大聲一點兒I’m sorry. I can’t hear you clearly. Could you speak a little louder please?

電話有雜音, 請掛上電話, 我再撥一次。There is some static on the line. I’ll hang up and call again later.

Continue reading

August 7

Today Is Wednesday-B

嗨! 文文! 大年,你要去送禮物?Hi, Wen-wen.Hey, Da-Nian, Are you going to send the gift?

是啊!今天是我朋友的生日。你看!Yes, today is my friend’s birthday. Look.

今天也是我朋友的生日!Today happens to be my friend’s birthday.

這麼巧!你的朋友是 What a coincidence. Your friend is—-

丁小莉!Ding Xiao-Li

哈哈哈!他看到我們一定很高興。Ha ha! She’d be happy to see us.

當然嘍!文文,你是哪一年出生的?Of course. Wen-wen, what year were you born?

我是1980年出生,明天是我的生日。I was born in 1989. Tomorrow is my birthday.

你的生日是哪一天呢?What day is your birthday?

我的生日是10月26日, 後天正是我的生日。My birthday is Oct.26th. The day after tomorrow is my birthday.

小莉是今天生日,我是明天生日,你是後天生日。Today is Xiao-Li’s birthday. Tomorrow is mine, and yours is the day after tomorrow.

太好了!我們都是天秤座!Great we’re all Libras

我們可以一起過生日We can celebration together. Continue reading

August 7

Today IS Wednesday-A

今天星期三 Today is Wednesday

今天是幾月、幾日、星期幾?What’s the date for today?

今天是三月十五日星期三 Today is Wednesday, March fifteenth.

明天呢?And what about tomorrow?

明天是三月十六日星期四。Tomorrow is Thursday, March sixteenth.

您是今天去看李先生的嗎?Are you going to see Mr. Li today?

不是, 我是昨天去看他的。No, I ‘m not.  I went to see him yesterday.

您是哪一年出生的?What year were you born in?

我是一九五九年生,後天正是我的生日。I was born in 1959.  It happens that my birthday is the day after tomorrow.

Continue reading

August 6

What Time is It Now-AA

現在幾點鐘 What Time Is It Now?
請問現在幾點了? Excuse me。 What time is it?
現在是上午十點一刻。It’s a quarter after ten in the morning.
爸爸每天下午五點半下班。Daddy get off work at five-thirty every day.
一天工作八個小時。He work for eight hours each day. Continue reading

August 6

What Time Is It Now-B

嗨!文文! Hi Wen-wen 嗨! 大年! Hi Da-Nin

請問現在幾點鐘?What time is it?

現在是中午十二點十五分 It’s twelve-fifteen.

您找我出來有事嗎? What’s up?

當然! 您忙嗎? Of course. Are you busy?

我還在工作. I am still working.

你一天工作幾個小時呢? How many hours do you work a day?

超過十個小時 Over 10 hours.

嗨!文文! 大年!請問現在幾點鐘? Hi, Wen-Wen and Da-Nian. What time is it now?

現在已經十二點半了 It’s already twelve-thirty.

對不起!我晚了十五分鐘!I am sorry. I am fifteen minutes late.

沒關係! It’s all right

對了!小月想認識台灣文化, 你可以介紹幾個地方嗎? By the way, Xiao-Yue wants to learn more Taiwanese culture. Can you introduce some places?

可以啊! 要去那兒啊? Sure, Where to?

我們去山上喝茶!let’s go to drink tea in the mountains.

什麼時候? When?

明天下午三點鐘! 3:00p.m. tomorrow . 好耶! Great. Continue reading

August 6

What Time Is It Now-A

現在幾點鐘 What Time Is It Now?

請問現在幾點了?Excuse me。 What time is it?

現在是上午十點一刻。It’s a quarter after ten in the morning.

十點一刻是十點幾分呢?What minute is a quarter after ten?

十點十五分。 一刻鐘是十五分鐘。Ten fifteen. A quarter is fifteen minutes.

您每天幾點鐘下班呢?What time do you get off work every day?

我每天下午五點半下班。I get off work at five-thirty every day.

一天要工作幾個小時呢?How many hours do you have to work each day?

一天工作八個小時。I work for eight hours each day. Continue reading

August 5

Go to a friend’s house-B

早安! 文文    Good morning Wen-Wen

早啊! 請進來坐!Good morning. Come in, Please

你請坐!請喝茶!Have a seat. Tea, Please.

別客氣!我自己來!Thank you. Allow me.

對了!你找我有什麼事嗎?By the way,  What’s up?

我有點事想請教你。I need your advice.

你請說!別客氣!What is it?

我想認識臺灣的文化,你可以告訴我嗎?I want to learn more Taiwanese culture.  Can you tell me?

當然可以!Of course.

你真好!謝謝你!You’re nice. Thanks.

哦!對了!這是上次跟你借的書,我先還給你!Oh, by the way, this is the book that I borrowed. I’d like to return it to you.

嗯!我這裡還有第二冊,你可以看看。Ok, I have volume II. Have a look.

太好了!謝謝你!Great, Thanks.
Continue reading

August 5

Go to a friend’s house-A

李先生: 王先生在家嗎?
Is Mr. Wang at home?
王太太: 在,請問您貴姓?
Yes, he is. May I ask your name?
李先生: 我叫李文, 我想見王先生。
My name is Li Wen.  I would like to meet Mr. Wang.
王太太: 您請進來坐, 我去告訴他, 您已經來了。
Please have a seat. I will tell him you have arrived.
王先生: 李先生,好久不見。
Mr. Li!  It’s been quite a long time.
李先生: 您忙嗎? 我有點兒事,想請教您。
Are you busy now?  I have something to ask you.
王先生: 您請說,別客氣。
Please feel free and go ahead.
Continue reading