October 18

A Birthday Party B

蛋糕來了。 Here comes the cake.

大年的生日派對準備的怎麼樣了?

How is Da Nian’s birthday party preparation?

紙盤、紙杯和餐巾紙都有了。  午餐吃什麼呢?

We have got paper plates, cups, and napkins.  What will we have for lunch?

大年要吃義大利的肉醬麵和熱狗。  都在廚房了。

Da Nian prefers spaghetti and hot dogs.  All in the kitchen.

飲料多準備一些吧!

We will need a plenty of soft drinks.

除了果汁、可樂,還有霜淇淋呢!

Besides fruit juice and cola, we also have ice cream.

這些都是派對的最愛。

These are party favorites.  birthday party love these.

我怕胖,所以盡量少吃。

I’m afraid of getting fat, so try to eat as little as possible.

生日蛋糕上的蠟燭呢?

Where are the little candles for the birthday cake?

哎呀!  蛋糕店忘了給了,幸好你想到了。

Oops The cake shop forgot to give it, It’s a good thing you reminded me.

我立刻去準備I’ll go right away to prepare.

我去好了,我想再買一些,大家喜歡吃點心。

I’m going, I want to buy some more, everyone likes dim sum.

你不是怕胖嗎? Are you afraid of getting fat?

生日派對嘛,開心就好。Happy birthday party.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on A Birthday Party B
October 18

A Birthday Party-A

生日派對 A Birthday Party

小弟的生日派對準備的怎麼樣了?

What else do you need for your little brother’s birthday party

紙盤、紙杯和餐巾紙都有了。 午餐吃什麼呢?

We have got paper plates, cups, and napkins.  What will we have for lunch?

小弟要吃義大利的肉醬麵和熱狗。

Your a little brother prefers spaghetti and hot dogs.

飲料多準備一些吧!

We will need a plenty of soft drinks.

除了果汁、可樂,還有霜淇淋呢!

Besides fruit juice and cola, we also have ice cream.

這些都是孩子們最愛的。 生日蛋糕上的蠟燭呢? Children love these. Where are the little candles for the birthday cake?

哎呀! 我忘了買了,幸好你想到了。

Oops I forgot to buy candles.  It’s a good thing you reminded me.

我立刻去買,免得小弟不高興。

I will go to buy them right away.  Otherwise little brother will be sad.

 

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on A Birthday Party-A
October 17

Happy Volunteer Work B

快樂的志工Happy Volunteer Work

對不起來晚了。 Sorry for being late.

你怎麼遲到了? Why are you late?

因為我到醫院當志工,所以來晚了,真是對不起。 Sorry for the late arrival because I was volunteering at the hospital.

到醫院當志工? 你真熱心!

Volunteer in a hospital? You are so enthusiastic!

我有空才到醫院,當志工不算什麼。

I only go to the hospital when I have free time. Being a volunteer is nothing.

醫院的義工做些什麼事呢?

What do hospital volunteers do?

比方說,我們有服務台,隨時為病人服務。

For example, we have a service desk that is always available to patients.

如果我要做健康檢查,該掛哪一科呢?

If I have to do a medical examination, which subject should I hang?

我會說

I would say

您可以先在掛號處填寫資料,手續完成後,往前直走,就是健檢中心了。

You need to register first and fill in your information after that procedure is finished then go straight to the physical examination section.

有機會我也想擔任志工,幫助別人,回饋社會。

If I have the chance, I would like to do volunteer work, to help people, and to give something back to society.

是啊,施比受更有福,助人為快樂之本。

Yes!  it’s more blessed to give than to receive.  Helping others is the source of happiness

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Happy Volunteer Work B
October 17

Happy Volunteer Work A

快樂的志工 Happy Volunteer Work

先生您好,可以為您服務嗎?
Hello, may I help you?

我想做健康檢查,不知道該掛哪一科?

I would like to get a physical, but I don’t know which clinic I should register in?

您可以先在掛號處填寫資料,手續完成後,往前直走,就是健檢中心了。

You need to register first and fill in your information after that procedure is finished then go straight to the physical examination section.

謝謝您熱心幫忙,請問您是這兒的助理嗎? Thank you for your help.

May I ask are you an assistant here?

不是,我還在讀書,沒課時才到這兒當志工。

No, I am not.   I am still a student.  when I don’t have class, I come here to do volunteer work.

有機會我也想擔任志工,幫助別人,回饋社會。

If I have the chance, I would like to do volunteer work, to help people, and to give something back to society.

是啊,施比受更有福,助人為快樂之本。

Yes!  it’s more blessed to give than to receive.  Helping others is the source of happiness

你真是年輕人的好榜樣。

You are really set a good example for young people

 

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Happy Volunteer Work A
October 16

Visiting Someone’s House-A

參觀新房子Visiting Someone’s House

王太太:今天特別來參觀你的新房子。

Mrs. Wang :         I came to see your new house today.

李太太:我給您介紹一下, 看看我布置的好不好?

Mrs. Lee :            I’ll give you a tour to show how I decorated it.

王太太:浴室的浴缸、馬桶和洗臉台都很美觀大方。

Mrs. Wang :        The bathtub, toilet and wash basin in the bathroom are very nice.

李太太:臥室的床、梳妝檯和衣櫃都是我親手設計的。

Mrs. Lee :           I designed the bed, the vanity and the closet myself.

王太太:你設計得真好,看起來非常舒服。

Mrs. Wang :        You have decorated the place very well.  It looks really comfortable.

李太太:謝謝,你太客氣了。

Mrs. Lee :          Thanks.   You flattered me.

王太太:我可是實話實說,說的都是真心話。

Mrs. Wang :      I’m telling the truth, and that is what I really think.

李太太:我們到客廳喝杯茶,吃些點心吧。

Mrs. Lee :            Let’s go to the living room.  We can have a cup of tea and some snacks.V

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Visiting Someone’s House-A
October 14

Chinese New Year-B

過新年Chinese New Year

新年時,中國城裡有舞龍舞獅的表演。

In this Chinese New Year, there will be a dragon and lion dance in Chinatown.

我們帶孩子們去看熱鬧吧。

Let’s take the children to see the performance.

裝壓歲前的紅包袋,準備好了嗎?

Have you prepared the red envelopes for New Year’s money yet?

早就買好了。記得打電話向爸媽拜年。

I bought them a long time ago.  Remember to call Dad and Mom to offer New Year greetings.

今年應該是龍年吧?

This year should be the year of Dragon, right?

沒錯,按照十二生肖的順序,應該是龍年。

Right. According to the order of the 12 animals of the zodiac, it should be the year of the dragon.

據說,龍年會是吉祥的一年。

It is said that the year of the dragon is full of good luck.

新年新希望,我希望新的一年能萬事如意。

I really hope that during this New Year all our wishes can come true.

 

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Chinese New Year-B