October 4

Seeing A Friend Off-B

為朋友送行seeing a friend off

文文、大年,謝謝你們來送行。Thank you for coming to see me off

我好像不久前才來接機,現在又要來送你回美國了。

It seems that I only came to pick you up not long ago, and now I am coming to take you back to the United States.

哇,你的行李真不少,怎麼變這麼多?

Wow, you have a lot of luggage, how did it change so much?

台灣的東西又好又便宜。 所以買了好多禮物要送人。

Taiwanese has good and cheap stuff. So, I bought a lot of gifts to give away.

我看你收穫真不少呢。

I see that you have gained a lot.

這次到臺灣最大的收穫是中文進步了。

The biggest gain from my trip to Taiwan this time is that my Chinese has improved.

所以要謝謝大家。So thank you all.

每次和朋友說再見,總會忍不住的難過起來。

Each time we apart, I can’t help feeling depressed.

別這樣,開學很快就會再見面了。

Don’t be like this, we’ll meet again soon after school starts.

對啊,才兩個月的暑假一眨眼就過去了。

Yes, only two months of summer vacation passed in a blink of an eye.

我要出發了! I’m leaving!

祝你一路平安。I wish you a safe journey.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Seeing A Friend Off-B
October 4

Seeing A Friend Off-A

為朋友送行seeing a friend off

一眨眼,兩個月的假期就過去了。

Two months of vacation have passed in a twinkling of an eye.

好像才剛來接機,立刻又要來送行了。

It seems as if we just picking you up, and now we’re seeing you off.

你的收穫真不少,行李有三個箱子變成了六個。

You’re really gotten quite a bit from this trip. Three suitcases have turned into six.

最大的收穫是孩子們的中文都進步了。

Our biggest gain is that the children made good progress in Chinese.

這次小弟把注音符號都學會了。

This time our little boy learned the Mandarin phonetic symbols.

芳芳中文也說得流利多了。

And Fang-Fang speaks Chinese much more fluently.

每次和朋友說再見,總會忍不住的難過起來。

Each time we apart, I can’t help feeling depressed.

別這樣,很快就會再見面了,祝你們一路平安。

Don’t be like that. We’ll see each other again soon. Bon voyage!

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Seeing A Friend Off-A
October 3

A Story Telling Contest-B


說故事比賽A Story Telling Contest
我要參加學校的說故事比賽。
I’m going to participate in the school storytelling competition。
是英語故事比賽嗎?
Is it an English story competition?
是說華語故事。
It’s a Chinese story.
每個參賽者說一個故事或者笑話
Each contestant can either tell a short story or tell a joke.
你的華語學的很好,應該可以拿第一名吧。
Your Chinese is very good, you should be able to take the first place.
我才不敢這麼想的呢!
I dare not think so!
這次特別請華語老師和家長來評分,我好緊張哦!
This time, I specially invited Chinese teachers and parents to rate, I am so nervous!
你選哪一個故事呢?
Which story do you choose?
我想說「差不多先生」的故事,好不好?
How about telling the tale of “Mr. more or less”?
很好哇。 你要好好兒練習,最好能背下來。
That would be good. You would better practice hard. Memorizing it would be helpful.
還要背下來?
Should I memorize it?
既然要參加,就要認真的準備。
Since you are going to join(the competition), you should do your best.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on A Story Telling Contest-B
October 2

Traveling Around The Island-B

今天要到環島旅行的最後一站墾丁國家公園。

Today we are going to the last stop of our round-island tour-Kenting National Park.

這次在橫貫公路停留的時間太短了。

This time we spent on the Cross-Island Highway was too short.

就是啊,連看阿美族山地歌舞的時間都沒有。

Yeah! We didn’t even have enough time to see a performance by aborigines of the a Ami tribe.

以後有機會再來。 時間不早了,如果要去墾丁必須快一點。

We can save that for next time. We’re running out of time. If we are going to Kenting. We’d better hurry.

墾丁公園裡有各種不同的熱帶植物,非常值得一遊。

There are all kinds of tropical plants in Kenting National Park. They’re really worth seeing.

聽說臺灣的最南端是鵝鑾鼻,墾丁有迷人的海灘,鵝鑾鼻有一座古老的燈塔。

I have heard Eluanbi is the southernmost point in Taiwan.

臺灣是一個寶島,每個地方的風景都很優美。

Taiwan really is a treasure island. The scenery everywhere is so beautiful.

 

 

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Traveling Around The Island-B
October 1

Traveling Around The Island-A

我們環島旅行的第一站日月潭到啦!

We’ve arrived in our first stop of the round-island tour.

這兒青山綠水,景色非常優美,什麼時候去遊湖呢?

The green mountains and the lake are so beautiful. When are we going to take a cruise on the lake?

我們先到旅館休息一下,再去坐船遊湖吧!

We’ll go to the hotel to rest for a while, then we take a cruise on the lake.

我一點兒也不想浪費時間,不要休息好嗎?

I don’t want to waste even one minute. Please don’t take a rest.

也好,明天一早就出發,去東西橫貫公路嗎?

Ok. Are we going to the East-West Cross-Island Highway tomorrow?

下午先到天祥,那有不少好玩的地方。

We will arrive in Tien Hsiang in the afternoon. There are a number of interesting spots there.

後天就可以看到太魯閣的天然奇觀了。

The day after tomorrow we will see the national wonder s of Taroko Gorge.

我們可以在哪兒買鞋大理石做的紀念品。

We can buy souvenirs made of marble there.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Traveling Around The Island-A