October 24

Learning Painting(二)

學畫畫兒Learning Painting

你教我畫國畫好不好?Would you please teach me how to do traditional Chinese painting?

我哪裡有資格教人畫畫啊!I am not qualified to teach anyone to paint。 why can you teach me?

你對國畫那麼有研究,怎麼不能教呢?You know so much about traditional Chinese painting.

我雖然愛畫國畫,可是沒有教畫的經驗。Although I like to be to do traditional Chinese painting I have no experience in teaching panting

你太謙虛了,只要你肯教,我一定會用心學。You are too modest I will study diligently if you agree to teach me

那我就試試看。  你想學花鳥還是人物呢?Well, I will give it a try.  Would you like to paint flowers and birds. or portraits?

我對國畫外行,一切聽您的。I am novice I will do whatever you say

要學國畫,必須有一些理論和知識,我建議您先看完這本中國藝術史,我們再開始上課。

Specific theoretical knowledge is needed to learning traditional Chinese painting.  I suggest that you read this book on Chinese art history before we start our class.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Learning Painting(二)
October 22

Seeing An Art Exhibition (B)

看畫展Seeing An Art Exhibition
文文,謝謝你邀請我來看畫展。
Wenwen, thank you for inviting me to the exhibition.
別客氣,我正想找人陪我呢。
You’re welcome, I was just looking for someone to accompany me.
這次畫展的作品都是國畫嗎?
Are they displaying only in traditional Chinese paintings in this expression?
都是國畫,這次作品水準很高,應該要好好欣賞才行。
They are all Chinese paintings. This time the work is of a high standard and should展期有多長?
How long with the expression last?
我剛看了目錄,要展出兩個星期。
I just read it in the schedule that the expression lasts two weeks.
be appreciated.
這些作品都是山水畫,好像山水畫作品特別多。
These works are all landscape paintings, There seems to be a lot of landscape paintings.
我想是因為華人喜歡大自然的緣故。
I think it is because the Chinese love nature.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Seeing An Art Exhibition (B)
October 22

Seeing An Art Exhibition (A) 

看畫展這次畫展的作品都是國畫嗎?

Are they displaying only in traditional Chinese paintings in this expression?

都是國畫,作品都有很高的水準。

All of these are traditional Chinese paintings. They are high quality works of art.

展期有多長?

How long with the expression last?

我剛看了目錄,要展出兩個星期。

I just read it in the schedule that the expression lasts two weeks.

好像山水畫的作品特別多。

There seems to be a lot of landscape paintings.

我想是因為華人喜歡大自然的緣故。

I think it is because the Chinese love nature.

這些畫都是用毛筆和墨畫出來的嗎?

Where these paintings painted with writing brushes and the ink only?

是啊,我們一幅一幅慢慢欣賞吧。

Yes they were less take the time to enjoy looking at that one by one.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Seeing An Art Exhibition (A) 
October 21

The Customs of the Dragon Boat Festival-B

端午節的習俗 The Customs of the Dragon Boat Festival

小莉,這個送你。 This is for you.

這是什麼? 有一種特別的香味呢。

What is it?   It has a special scent.

這是香包,我自己做的。

This is the sachet, I made it myself.

好厲害哦。 你可以教我做香包嗎?

Cool. Can you teach me how to make sachets?

沒問題,你看這是什麼?

No problem, what do you see?

是粽子,你買的嗎?

It’s Zongzi, did you buy it?

我自己包的。 I packed it myself.

包粽子不是很困難嗎? Isn’t it difficult to make zongzi?

不會,只是用竹葉把糯米和肉、香菇、蛋黃包起來而已。

No, just wrap glutinous rice, meat, mushrooms and egg yolks with bamboo leaves.

聽你這麼一說,我的肚子都餓起來了。 Hearing you say that makes me hungry. I want to eat a zongzi first.

我想先吃一個粽子。

我們就一邊吃粽子,一邊看白蛇傳。

Weare eating zongzi while watching The Legend of the White Snake.

真是一個愉快的端午節Really a happy Dragon Boat Festival.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on The Customs of the Dragon Boat Festival-B
October 21

The Customs of the Dragon Boat Festival-A

端午節的習俗 The Customs of the Dragon Boat Festival

你身上怎麽有一種特別的香味呢?How come you have such a special fragrance on?

今天是農曆五月五日端午節,我挂了一個香包。Today is the Chinese Dragon Boat Festival. I am carrying a potpourri pouch.

真漂亮。材料是什麽呢?It looks so pretty.  What is it made from?

用絲綫和綢布做的,裏面有香料,據說可以辟邪。It is made from silk cords and silk fabric, and is stuffed with fragrant herbs.

It’s said that it can ward off evil spirits.

端午節還有什麽習俗? Are there any other special customs on the day of Dragon Boat festival?

太多了, 像包粽子啦,划龍舟啦,都很有意思。There are quite a few, like eating rice dumplings and racing dragon boats. They are all very interesting.

粽子是用什麽做的?What are rice dumplings made of?

用竹葉把糯米和肉、香菇、蛋黃包起來。The filling of rice dumplings is composed of sticky rice, meat, mushroom, and yolk,

and is wrapped with bamboo leaves.

愛吃甜的,裏面可以包紅豆餡兒。There is also sweet flavor filled with red beans.  Tomorrow,

明天帶一個給你嚐嚐。I will bring you one to taste.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on The Customs of the Dragon Boat Festival-A
October 20

A Wedding Ceremony-A

恭喜您訂婚了,什麼時候舉行婚禮呢?
Congratulations on your engagement. When will the wedding be held?

日期還沒決定,大概在六月吧。
The date of the wedding has not been set yet. It will probably be in June.

為什麼? 難道要選一個黃道吉日嗎?
Why?  Is it that you are going to select a lucky day?

結婚儀式不能不尊重長輩的意見,這是我們華人的習俗。
Wedding rituals must absolutely respect our elder’s beliefs. This is a custom of Chinese people.

你要在教堂結婚,還是在法院公證呢?
Are you going to have a church wedding or a civil ceremony?

還沒決定,不過我希望在教堂舉行婚禮。
We haven’t decided yet.  I want to be married in a church.

穿上拍白紗禮服,你一定是最漂亮的新娘。 You will be a very beautiful bride in your white wedding gown.

謝謝,過幾天,我會寄喜帖給你。

Thank you.  I will send you a wedding invitation in the next few days.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on A Wedding Ceremony-A
October 19

Going To The Beauty Salon-B

待會喝完咖啡,我要去美容院。

After drinking coffee later, I will go to the beauty salon.

美容院? 你想要美容啊?

Beauty salon? Do you want to apply make-up or undergo plastic surgery

不是!  在臺灣美容院就等於美語的Beauty salon

No! A beauty salon in Taiwan is equivalent to an American Beauty salon

我知道了。 I see.

我要燙頭髮,想換一個新髮型。

I would like a porn and a new hairstyle

可是我覺得你現在的直髮很好看呢!

But I think your straight hair looks great now!

真的嗎? 可是直髮很難整理。

Really? But straight hair is difficult to manage.

你說得也對啦,可是燙頭髮可以讓人變得很成熟。

You’re right but perming your hair can make you very mature.

你的意思是會變得老氣對不對?

You mean getting old looking, right?

我沒說是你自己說的唷。

I didn’t say you said it yourself.

別擔心,我的設計師很厲害,他設計髮型時會配合我的臉型,所以我對他有信心。

Don’t worry, my stylist is very good, he designs the hairstyle to match my face shape, so I have confidence in him.

這種設計師最受歡迎了。

This designer is the most popular.

總之,要怎麼梳,怎麼卷都沒有關係,只要好看好整理就行了。

In short, it doesn’t matter how you want to comb or roll it, as long as you look good and organize it well.

聽起來好棒喔,美容院在哪裡?

That sounds great, where is the beauty salon?

你也想要燙頭髮啊?

Do you want to perm your hair too?

不是,只是想要知道在哪兒,下次剪頭髮的時候可以去找他。

No, I just want to know where

 

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Going To The Beauty Salon-B