April 6

Happy New Year (四)

舞獅
新年快樂 Happy New Year
東明:春節的時候,爸爸帶我去唐人街,那裡好熱鬧。
Tony: During Spring Festival, dad took me to Chinatown. It’s really lively there.
友朋:你看到舞龍和舞獅了嗎?
Joe: Did you see a dragon dance and a lion dance?
東明:看到了,那條龍好長。我們還買了年糕和蘿蔔糕。
Tony: I saw them. That dragon was really long. We also bought year cakes and daikon cakes.
張莉:你們家過年都做些什麼?
Lily: Did your family do something over Lunar New Year?
友朋:除夕那一天晚上,我爸爸包了餃子,全家一起吃年夜飯。
Joe: The night of Lunar New Year’s Eve, my dad wrapped jiaozi, and the whole family ate New Year’s Eve dinner.
大文:我們家吃火鍋,另外還有糖醋魚和炒米粉。 Devin: Our family ate hot pot. In addition, we had sweet and sour fish and fried rice noodles.
張莉:我爸媽給了我一個紅包,叫我把錢存起來。Lily: My parents gave me a red envelope and told me to save it.
東明:我知道,那個叫壓歲錢。Tony: I know! That’s New Year’s money.


Category: Let's learn Chinese | Comments Off on Happy New Year (四)
April 5

Bring a Coat (四)

帶著外套吧Bring a Coat
媽媽:今天天氣這麼冷,你怎麼穿裙子?
Mom: With the weather this cold today, how can you wear a skirt?
文文:外面太陽好大啊!天氣很暖和。
Vivian: It’s really sunny outside! The weather’s quite warm.
媽媽:可是今天氣溫會變低,而且下午可能會下雨。
Mom: But the temperature’s going to fall today, and it could rain this afternoon, too.
文文:我最喜歡這條裙子,我也穿了厚襪子。
Vivian: I like this skirt the most. I’m wearing thick socks, too.
大文:我穿了長褲,應該可以了吧?
Devin: I’m wearing pants. That should do, right?
媽媽:你們這樣穿還是不夠,風很大,應該再穿一件外套。
Mom: You all still aren’t wearing enough. The wind is strong. You should wear a coat, too.
大文:我真的不冷,我已經開始流汗了。
Devin: I’m truly not cold. I’ve already started sweating.
媽媽:你還是帶著外套吧!別感冒了。
Mom: Wear a coat anyway! Don’t catch a cold.


Category: Let's learn Chinese | Comments Off on Bring a Coat (四)
March 12

A Special Birthday Card

特別的生日卡片 A Special Birthday Card
大文:張莉的生日快到了,我想送一張特別的卡片給她。
Devin: Lily’s birthday is almost here. I want to give a special card to her.
爸爸:你要自己畫一張卡片嗎?
Dad: Do you want to draw a card?
大文:我同學說可以用電腦做卡片。你可以教我怎麼做嗎?
Devin: My classmate says I can use the computer to make a card. Can you teach me how to do that?
爸爸:你可以在網路上選一張卡片。你要什麼圖案?
Dad: You can choose a card on the Internet. What kind of design do you want?
大文:我想要有蛋糕、蠟燭、氣球的圖案。
Devin: I want a design with a cake, candles, and balloons.
爸爸:選好了。你要在卡片上寫幾句祝福的話嗎?
Dad: I’ve finished choosing one. Do you want to write some well-wishes on the card?
大文:我要寫「祝你生日快樂、天天開心」。
Devin: I want to write “I wish you a Happy Birthday and happiness every day.”
爸爸:好,我幫你打字,張莉收到這張卡片應該很高興。
Dad: OK, I’ll help you type it. Lily should be very happy to receive this card.

Category: Let's learn Chinese | Comments Off on A Special Birthday Card
March 11

Going to the Amusement Park

去遊樂園玩Going to the Amusement Park
心美:上星期我去遊樂園玩,你們去過嗎?
May: Last week I went to the amusement park. Have you all gone before?
友朋:我去過很多次,今年又去了一次。
Joe: I’ve gone many times, and this year I went again.
心美:你們覺得什麼最好玩?
May: What do you all think is the most fun?
友朋:我喜歡旋轉木馬,一會兒上,一會兒下,很好玩。
Joe: I like the carousel. Going up a little while then down a little while is really fun.
東明:我最喜歡碰碰車,撞來撞去 很有趣。
Tony: I like the bumper cars. Bumping over and over again is fun
心美:我覺得摩天輪最好玩,可是到了最高的地方,有點可怕。
May: I think the Ferris Wheel is the most fun, but when I arrive at the top it’s a little scary.
東明:你們敢不敢坐雲霄飛車?我敢坐,可是有一點緊張。
Tony: Are you afraid to go on the roller coaster? That is even scarier!
心美:我不敢,它太快了,聽到別人大叫,我就更緊張。
May: I don’t dare. It’s too fast. When I hear someone else screaming, I get nervous.

Category: Let's learn Chinese | Comments Off on Going to the Amusement Park