October 27

A Concert (II)

聽音樂會 A Concert

王偉:這場音樂會的宣傳海報印得真漂亮。

The poster for this concert is beautifully printed.

芳芳:音樂會內容很精彩,就是不印海報,聽眾也會很多。

The concert is going to be spectacular. Even without the poster, the audience will still be large.

王偉:我買一份節目單,你要不要看一看?

I bought a cup of the program. Would you like to take a look?

芳芳:謝謝,今天演奏的樂曲都是我愛聽的。

Yes! All the pieces that will be played today are my favorites.

王偉:除了古典音樂以外,也喜歡聽熱門音樂嗎?

Besides classical music, do you listen to pop music very often?

芳芳:兩種我都喜歡。

I like them both.

王偉:下次你彈鋼琴,我拉小提琴,我們來合奏一曲。

Let’s perform a duet someday. You can play a piano and I will play my violin.

芳芳:你的水準比我高多了,我得多練習才行。

You play much better than I do.  I do better start practicing more.

 

October 26

A Concert (I)- A

聽音樂會A Concert

王偉:您好,請問芳芳在嗎?Hello is Fang-Fang there?

芳芳:我就是。 請問您是哪位? This is Fang-Fang speaking. May I ask who is calling?

王偉:我是王偉。 明晚一起去聽音樂會好嗎?This is Wang Wei. Are you interested in going to our concert?

芳芳:有哪些曲目呢? What kind of music will there be?

王偉:都是貝多芬和巴哈的作品。 all Beethoven and Bach.

芳芳:是鋼琴獨奏,還是管弦樂團的演奏呢? Is it a piano recital or a performance by an orchestra?

王偉:是紐約愛樂交響樂團的演奏。It’s performed by the New York Philharmonic Symphony orchestra.

芳芳:你真有本事,我排隊排了幾個鐘頭還是沒買到票。

You are really something!  I wasn’t able to get a ticket even after lined up for hours.

王偉:我運氣好。 明天晚上六點音樂廳見。I had good luck. See you tomorrow six p.m. at the concert hall.

芳芳:好,聽完音樂會,我請你喝咖啡。Great!  I will treat you a cup of coffee after the concert.

October 25

Learning Painting(三)

學畫畫兒Learning Painting

在練習畫畫嗎?Are you practicing your painting
才上了幾次課, 還在練習執筆呢?I’ve only had a few lessons, I am still practicing how to hold the brush
這個像梅花花瓣的碟子是做什麼的?What is the plum flower petal dish for?
這是調顏色用的, 這個是筆洗, 那個是硯台。That is for mixed color pigments.  That one is for cleaning the brushes. that one is an inkstone.
初學國畫要先練習什麼呢?What do you practice first in traditional Chinese painting?
要學筆法,再臨摹畫冊。We start by learning how to make the strokes correctly.  then we make the copies  from picture albums.
我可以去旁聽你們的課嗎?May I go with you and sit in on you across?
好哇! 你可以來看看老師的教學示範。Sure!  you can come and watch the instructor give this demonstration.

October 24

Learning Painting(二)

學畫畫兒Learning Painting

你教我畫國畫好不好?Would you please teach me how to do traditional Chinese painting?

我哪裡有資格教人畫畫啊!I am not qualified to teach anyone to paint。 why can you teach me?

你對國畫那麼有研究,怎麼不能教呢?You know so much about traditional Chinese painting.

我雖然愛畫國畫,可是沒有教畫的經驗。Although I like to be to do traditional Chinese painting I have no experience in teaching panting

你太謙虛了,只要你肯教,我一定會用心學。You are too modest I will study diligently if you agree to teach me

那我就試試看。  你想學花鳥還是人物呢?Well, I will give it a try.  Would you like to paint flowers and birds. or portraits?

我對國畫外行,一切聽您的。I am novice I will do whatever you say

要學國畫,必須有一些理論和知識,我建議您先看完這本中國藝術史,我們再開始上課。

Specific theoretical knowledge is needed to learning traditional Chinese painting.  I suggest that you read this book on Chinese art history before we start our class.

October 22

Seeing An Art Exhibition (B)

看畫展Seeing An Art Exhibition
文文,謝謝你邀請我來看畫展。
Wenwen, thank you for inviting me to the exhibition.
別客氣,我正想找人陪我呢。
You’re welcome, I was just looking for someone to accompany me.
這次畫展的作品都是國畫嗎?
Are they displaying only in traditional Chinese paintings in this expression?
都是國畫,這次作品水準很高,應該要好好欣賞才行。
They are all Chinese paintings. This time the work is of a high standard and should展期有多長?
How long with the expression last?
我剛看了目錄,要展出兩個星期。
I just read it in the schedule that the expression lasts two weeks.
be appreciated.
這些作品都是山水畫,好像山水畫作品特別多。
These works are all landscape paintings, There seems to be a lot of landscape paintings.
我想是因為華人喜歡大自然的緣故。
I think it is because the Chinese love nature.

October 22

Seeing An Art Exhibition (A) 

看畫展這次畫展的作品都是國畫嗎?

Are they displaying only in traditional Chinese paintings in this expression?

都是國畫,作品都有很高的水準。

All of these are traditional Chinese paintings. They are high quality works of art.

展期有多長?

How long with the expression last?

我剛看了目錄,要展出兩個星期。

I just read it in the schedule that the expression lasts two weeks.

好像山水畫的作品特別多。

There seems to be a lot of landscape paintings.

我想是因為華人喜歡大自然的緣故。

I think it is because the Chinese love nature.

這些畫都是用毛筆和墨畫出來的嗎?

Where these paintings painted with writing brushes and the ink only?

是啊,我們一幅一幅慢慢欣賞吧。

Yes they were less take the time to enjoy looking at that one by one.

October 21

The Customs of the Dragon Boat Festival-B

端午節的習俗 The Customs of the Dragon Boat Festival

小莉,這個送你。 This is for you.

這是什麼? 有一種特別的香味呢。

What is it?   It has a special scent.

這是香包,我自己做的。

This is the sachet, I made it myself.

好厲害哦。 你可以教我做香包嗎?

Cool. Can you teach me how to make sachets?

沒問題,你看這是什麼?

No problem, what do you see?

是粽子,你買的嗎?

It’s Zongzi, did you buy it?

我自己包的。 I packed it myself.

包粽子不是很困難嗎? Isn’t it difficult to make zongzi?

不會,只是用竹葉把糯米和肉、香菇、蛋黃包起來而已。

No, just wrap glutinous rice, meat, mushrooms and egg yolks with bamboo leaves.

聽你這麼一說,我的肚子都餓起來了。 Hearing you say that makes me hungry. I want to eat a zongzi first.

我想先吃一個粽子。

我們就一邊吃粽子,一邊看白蛇傳。

Weare eating zongzi while watching The Legend of the White Snake.

真是一個愉快的端午節Really a happy Dragon Boat Festival.