October 20

A Wedding Ceremony-A

恭喜您訂婚了,什麼時候舉行婚禮呢?
Congratulations on your engagement. When will the wedding be held?

日期還沒決定,大概在六月吧。
The date of the wedding has not been set yet. It will probably be in June.

為什麼? 難道要選一個黃道吉日嗎?
Why?  Is it that you are going to select a lucky day?

結婚儀式不能不尊重長輩的意見,這是我們華人的習俗。
Wedding rituals must absolutely respect our elder’s beliefs. This is a custom of Chinese people.

你要在教堂結婚,還是在法院公證呢?
Are you going to have a church wedding or a civil ceremony?

還沒決定,不過我希望在教堂舉行婚禮。
We haven’t decided yet.  I want to be married in a church.

穿上拍白紗禮服,你一定是最漂亮的新娘。 You will be a very beautiful bride in your white wedding gown.

謝謝,過幾天,我會寄喜帖給你。

Thank you.  I will send you a wedding invitation in the next few days.

October 19

Going To The Beauty Salon-B

待會喝完咖啡,我要去美容院。

After drinking coffee later, I will go to the beauty salon.

美容院? 你想要美容啊?

Beauty salon? Do you want to apply make-up or undergo plastic surgery

不是!  在臺灣美容院就等於美語的Beauty salon

No! A beauty salon in Taiwan is equivalent to an American Beauty salon

我知道了。 I see.

我要燙頭髮,想換一個新髮型。

I would like a porn and a new hairstyle

可是我覺得你現在的直髮很好看呢!

But I think your straight hair looks great now!

真的嗎? 可是直髮很難整理。

Really? But straight hair is difficult to manage.

你說得也對啦,可是燙頭髮可以讓人變得很成熟。

You’re right but perming your hair can make you very mature.

你的意思是會變得老氣對不對?

You mean getting old looking, right?

我沒說是你自己說的唷。

I didn’t say you said it yourself.

別擔心,我的設計師很厲害,他設計髮型時會配合我的臉型,所以我對他有信心。

Don’t worry, my stylist is very good, he designs the hairstyle to match my face shape, so I have confidence in him.

這種設計師最受歡迎了。

This designer is the most popular.

總之,要怎麼梳,怎麼卷都沒有關係,只要好看好整理就行了。

In short, it doesn’t matter how you want to comb or roll it, as long as you look good and organize it well.

聽起來好棒喔,美容院在哪裡?

That sounds great, where is the beauty salon?

你也想要燙頭髮啊?

Do you want to perm your hair too?

不是,只是想要知道在哪兒,下次剪頭髮的時候可以去找他。

No, I just want to know where

 

October 18

A Birthday Party B

蛋糕來了。 Here comes the cake.

大年的生日派對準備的怎麼樣了?

How is Da Nian’s birthday party preparation?

紙盤、紙杯和餐巾紙都有了。  午餐吃什麼呢?

We have got paper plates, cups, and napkins.  What will we have for lunch?

大年要吃義大利的肉醬麵和熱狗。  都在廚房了。

Da Nian prefers spaghetti and hot dogs.  All in the kitchen.

飲料多準備一些吧!

We will need a plenty of soft drinks.

除了果汁、可樂,還有霜淇淋呢!

Besides fruit juice and cola, we also have ice cream.

這些都是派對的最愛。

These are party favorites.  birthday party love these.

我怕胖,所以盡量少吃。

I’m afraid of getting fat, so try to eat as little as possible.

生日蛋糕上的蠟燭呢?

Where are the little candles for the birthday cake?

哎呀!  蛋糕店忘了給了,幸好你想到了。

Oops The cake shop forgot to give it, It’s a good thing you reminded me.

我立刻去準備I’ll go right away to prepare.

我去好了,我想再買一些,大家喜歡吃點心。

I’m going, I want to buy some more, everyone likes dim sum.

你不是怕胖嗎? Are you afraid of getting fat?

生日派對嘛,開心就好。Happy birthday party.

October 18

A Birthday Party-A

生日派對 A Birthday Party

小弟的生日派對準備的怎麼樣了?

What else do you need for your little brother’s birthday party

紙盤、紙杯和餐巾紙都有了。 午餐吃什麼呢?

We have got paper plates, cups, and napkins.  What will we have for lunch?

小弟要吃義大利的肉醬麵和熱狗。

Your a little brother prefers spaghetti and hot dogs.

飲料多準備一些吧!

We will need a plenty of soft drinks.

除了果汁、可樂,還有霜淇淋呢!

Besides fruit juice and cola, we also have ice cream.

這些都是孩子們最愛的。 生日蛋糕上的蠟燭呢? Children love these. Where are the little candles for the birthday cake?

哎呀! 我忘了買了,幸好你想到了。

Oops I forgot to buy candles.  It’s a good thing you reminded me.

我立刻去買,免得小弟不高興。

I will go to buy them right away.  Otherwise little brother will be sad.

 

October 17

Happy Volunteer Work B

快樂的志工Happy Volunteer Work

對不起來晚了。 Sorry for being late.

你怎麼遲到了? Why are you late?

因為我到醫院當志工,所以來晚了,真是對不起。 Sorry for the late arrival because I was volunteering at the hospital.

到醫院當志工? 你真熱心!

Volunteer in a hospital? You are so enthusiastic!

我有空才到醫院,當志工不算什麼。

I only go to the hospital when I have free time. Being a volunteer is nothing.

醫院的義工做些什麼事呢?

What do hospital volunteers do?

比方說,我們有服務台,隨時為病人服務。

For example, we have a service desk that is always available to patients.

如果我要做健康檢查,該掛哪一科呢?

If I have to do a medical examination, which subject should I hang?

我會說

I would say

您可以先在掛號處填寫資料,手續完成後,往前直走,就是健檢中心了。

You need to register first and fill in your information after that procedure is finished then go straight to the physical examination section.

有機會我也想擔任志工,幫助別人,回饋社會。

If I have the chance, I would like to do volunteer work, to help people, and to give something back to society.

是啊,施比受更有福,助人為快樂之本。

Yes!  it’s more blessed to give than to receive.  Helping others is the source of happiness

October 17

Happy Volunteer Work A

快樂的志工 Happy Volunteer Work

先生您好,可以為您服務嗎?
Hello, may I help you?

我想做健康檢查,不知道該掛哪一科?

I would like to get a physical, but I don’t know which clinic I should register in?

您可以先在掛號處填寫資料,手續完成後,往前直走,就是健檢中心了。

You need to register first and fill in your information after that procedure is finished then go straight to the physical examination section.

謝謝您熱心幫忙,請問您是這兒的助理嗎? Thank you for your help.

May I ask are you an assistant here?

不是,我還在讀書,沒課時才到這兒當志工。

No, I am not.   I am still a student.  when I don’t have class, I come here to do volunteer work.

有機會我也想擔任志工,幫助別人,回饋社會。

If I have the chance, I would like to do volunteer work, to help people, and to give something back to society.

是啊,施比受更有福,助人為快樂之本。

Yes!  it’s more blessed to give than to receive.  Helping others is the source of happiness

你真是年輕人的好榜樣。

You are really set a good example for young people

 

October 16

Visiting Someone’s House-A

參觀新房子Visiting Someone’s House

王太太:今天特別來參觀你的新房子。

Mrs. Wang :         I came to see your new house today.

李太太:我給您介紹一下, 看看我布置的好不好?

Mrs. Lee :            I’ll give you a tour to show how I decorated it.

王太太:浴室的浴缸、馬桶和洗臉台都很美觀大方。

Mrs. Wang :        The bathtub, toilet and wash basin in the bathroom are very nice.

李太太:臥室的床、梳妝檯和衣櫃都是我親手設計的。

Mrs. Lee :           I designed the bed, the vanity and the closet myself.

王太太:你設計得真好,看起來非常舒服。

Mrs. Wang :        You have decorated the place very well.  It looks really comfortable.

李太太:謝謝,你太客氣了。

Mrs. Lee :          Thanks.   You flattered me.

王太太:我可是實話實說,說的都是真心話。

Mrs. Wang :      I’m telling the truth, and that is what I really think.

李太太:我們到客廳喝杯茶,吃些點心吧。

Mrs. Lee :            Let’s go to the living room.  We can have a cup of tea and some snacks.V