October 6

Halloween Games-B

萬聖節的游戲Halloween Games

是南瓜燈耶!It’s a jack-o-lantern.

這是陶土做的南瓜燈,裏面可以點小蠟燭哦The jack-o-lantern was made by potter’s  clay.

在國外,過萬盛節,我們都會動手做南瓜燈。People overseas make their own jack-o-lanterns on Halloween.

我知道!做南瓜燈要先把瓜肉挖乾淨,再刻上鼻子、嘴巴,非常麻煩。I know. To make a jack-o-lantern, we have to dig out the seeds and then carve a nose and a mouth. It’s too much trouble.

可是萬盛節時家家戶戶都是這樣做的。But everybody does this on Halloween.

在臺灣很少這樣做!We seldom do that in Taiwan.

我們還要打扮得怪模怪樣地去鄰居家要糖。It’s more interesting to dress up in weird costumes and go to the neighbors’ houses asking for candy.

但是我們這麽大了,不能再玩這種游戲了。But we’re too old to play this game any more.

Continue reading

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Halloween Games-B
October 6

Halloween Games-A

萬聖節的遊戲Halloween Games
我們去買南瓜來做南瓜燈吧。Let’s go buy a pumpkin and make a jack-o-lantern.
做南瓜燈要先把瓜肉挖乾淨,再刻上鼻子、嘴巴,非常麻煩。To make a jack-o-lantern, we have to dig out the seeds and then carve a nose and a mouth. It’s too much trouble.
可是萬盛節時家家戶戶都是這樣做的。But everybody does this on Halloween.
打扮得怪模怪樣地去鄰居家要糖,其實也很好玩。It’s more interesting to dress up in weird costumes and go to the neighbors’ houses asking for candy.
但是我們這麽大了,也不能再玩這種遊戲了。But we’re too old to play this game any more.
我可以替弟弟打扮打扮, 讓他裝扮成小飛俠。I can dress up our little brother as Peter Pan.
我幫妹妹裝扮成巫婆吧。And I’ll help our little sister dress up as witch.
好,比比看誰的化妝技術比較好。OK. We’ll see whose make-up skills are better.

Continue reading

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Halloween Games-A
October 5

Mid-Autumn Festival-AA

中秋月餅Autumn Festival Moon Cake

媽媽:肚子餓了吧? 要不要吃月餅?Mama:  Betty, are you hungry?  Would you like to eat a moon cake?

蓓蒂:好哇。 我要豆沙餡兒的。Betty:  OK. I’d Like one stuffed with bean paste.

媽媽:因為秋天是收穫的季節,Mama:      Mid-autumn is the harvest season,

所以在中秋節慶祝豐收。       so the Mid-Autumn Festival celebrate a fruitful harvest. Continue reading

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Mid-Autumn Festival-AA
October 4

Seeing A Friend Off-B

為朋友送行seeing a friend off

文文、大年,謝謝你們來送行。Thank you for coming to see me off

我好像不久前才來接機,現在又要來送你回美國了。

It seems that I only came to pick you up not long ago, and now I am coming to take you back to the United States.

哇,你的行李真不少,怎麼變這麼多?

Wow, you have a lot of luggage, how did it change so much?

台灣的東西又好又便宜。 所以買了好多禮物要送人。

Taiwanese has good and cheap stuff. So, I bought a lot of gifts to give away.

我看你收穫真不少呢。

I see that you have gained a lot.

這次到臺灣最大的收穫是中文進步了。

The biggest gain from my trip to Taiwan this time is that my Chinese has improved.

所以要謝謝大家。So thank you all.

每次和朋友說再見,總會忍不住的難過起來。

Each time we apart, I can’t help feeling depressed.

別這樣,開學很快就會再見面了。

Don’t be like this, we’ll meet again soon after school starts.

對啊,才兩個月的暑假一眨眼就過去了。

Yes, only two months of summer vacation passed in a blink of an eye.

我要出發了! I’m leaving!

祝你一路平安。I wish you a safe journey.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Seeing A Friend Off-B
October 4

Seeing A Friend Off-A

為朋友送行seeing a friend off

一眨眼,兩個月的假期就過去了。

Two months of vacation have passed in a twinkling of an eye.

好像才剛來接機,立刻又要來送行了。

It seems as if we just picking you up, and now we’re seeing you off.

你的收穫真不少,行李有三個箱子變成了六個。

You’re really gotten quite a bit from this trip. Three suitcases have turned into six.

最大的收穫是孩子們的中文都進步了。

Our biggest gain is that the children made good progress in Chinese.

這次小弟把注音符號都學會了。

This time our little boy learned the Mandarin phonetic symbols.

芳芳中文也說得流利多了。

And Fang-Fang speaks Chinese much more fluently.

每次和朋友說再見,總會忍不住的難過起來。

Each time we apart, I can’t help feeling depressed.

別這樣,很快就會再見面了,祝你們一路平安。

Don’t be like that. We’ll see each other again soon. Bon voyage!

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Seeing A Friend Off-A