September 21

Campus Life (A)

校園生活Campus Life
開學快一個月了,一切都習慣了嗎?
It has been almost a month since the beginning of the semester. Have you gotten used to everything?
每天不是到教室上課,就是跑圖書館,好累!
I am either in the classroom or in the library every day. I am exhausted.
研究所的功課當然很重。 你選了幾個學分?
The course load in graduate school is surely very heavy. How many credits are you taking?
這學期連必修課在內,總共選了八個學分。
I am taking eight credits in all, including required courses.
宿舍怎麼樣? 室友好相處嗎?
How is your dorm life? Do you get along with your roommates?
宿舍和室友都不錯,就是有點兒吵。
The dorm and my roommates are fine. It is a bit too noisy though.
如果想讀書就到圖書館去,找資料也比較方便。
If you want to study, You can go to the library. You will find all the reference materials you need there.
我得到圖書館去用功了,一塊兒去吧。
It is time to go to the library now. Let’s go together.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Campus Life (A)
September 20

The School Campus (A)

學校校園The School Campus

台大的校園真美,到處都是花草樹木。

The campus of national Taiwan university is really beautiful. They are flowers and trees everywhere.

這是一個很好的讀書環境。

This is a really good study environment

這些貼得花花綠綠的板子,是做什麼的?

What are those multi-colored boards for?

這些都是學生社團的佈告欄。

Those are students clubs’ billboards.

有登山社、國樂社等三十幾個社團的廣告呢。

They are ads for more than thirty clubs such as hiking Chinese traditional music etc.

我們先去辦理註冊手續,然後再來看這些吧。

We have to go register first then we will come back and see these ads.

行政大樓在哪兒? 我得到那兒去。

where is the administration building? I should go there

就在前面。 這棟是總圖書館,那棟是體育館。

It is just a ahead this is the main library and that’s the gymnasium.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on The School Campus (A)
September 20

The School Campus (B)

學校校園The School Campus
好啦,到了這裡就是台灣大學。 你們看怎麼樣?
Well, here is the National Taiwan University. What do you think?
台大的校園真美,到處都是花草樹木。
The campus of national Taiwan university is really beautiful. They are flowers and trees everywhere.
這是一個很好的讀書環境。
This is a really good study environment
如果我們能成為這裏的學生就太好了。
It would be great if we could be students here.
在這裡讀書,一定很愉快。
It must be a pleasure to study here.
在這裡當學生,我一定很用功。
As a student here, I must have worked hard.
是啊,一個好的環境,真的會讓人想用功讀書。
Yes, a good environment really makes people want to study hard.
這些貼得花花綠綠的板子,是做什麼的?
What are those multi-colored boards for?
這些都是學生社團的佈告欄。 Those are students’ clubs’ billboards.
你想參加哪些社團呢? Which societies would you like to join?
好難決定,我每個都有興趣呢?
It’s so hard to decide, am I interested in each?
我們先去辦理註冊手續,然後再來看這些吧。
We have to go register first then we will come back and see these ads.
行政大樓在哪兒? 我得到那兒去。
where is the administration building? I should go there
就在前面。 這棟是總圖書館,那棟是體育館。
It is just a ahead this is the men library and that’s the gymnasium.
對不起,請問洗手間在哪兒?
Excuse me, where is the restroom?
前面大樓進去右轉就是。
Enter the front building and turn right.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on The School Campus (B)
September 19

Registration (A)

你申請進臺灣大學讀書,學校准了嗎?
You applied to study at National Taiwan University. Have they accepted your application?

學校是准了,可是還得做一個入學測驗。
The school has accepted your application, but I still have to take an entrance examination.

什麼時候要去辦入學手續呢?
When will you go through your entrance procedures?

學校寄了一份通知給我,下週二去註冊。
The school have sent me a notice.  I will go to register next Tuesday.

學校有沒有提供獎學金?
Does the school provide scholarships?

沒有,我得自己交學費,幸虧學費不貴。
No, it doesn’t I have to pay tuition by myself. It’s fortunate that the tuition isn’t expensive.

註冊那天我陪你去,我對台大校園很熟悉。
I’ll go with you on registration day.  I know the National Taiwan University campus very well.

我也正想請你幫忙呢。
As a matter of fact, I wanted to ask for your help.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Registration (A)
September 19

Registration (B)

好巧! 你們怎麼在這裡?
What a coincidence! Why are you here?
我和小莉有事要去台大。
Xiaoli and I have something to go to National Taiwan University
你申請進臺灣大學讀書,學校准了嗎?
You applied to study at National Taiwan University. Have they accepted your application?
學校是準了,可是還得做一個入學測驗。
The school has accepted your application, but I still have to take an entrance examination.
相信我們兩個都可以成為台大學生。
I believe that both of us can become Taiwan University students.
希望咯! Hope so!
通過測驗後After passing the quiz
什麼時候要去辦入學手續呢?
When will you go through your entrance procedures?
學校寄了一份通知給我,下週二去註冊。
The school have sent me a notice. I will go to register next Tuesday.
學校有沒有提供獎學金?
Does the school provide scholarships?
沒有,我得自己交學費,幸虧學費不貴。
No, it doesn’t I have to pay tuition by myself. It’s fortunate that the tuition isn’t expensive.
我早就準備好學費了,所以沒有獎學金沒有關係。 I have already prepared tuition fees, so it doesn’t matter if there is no scholarship.
註冊那天我陪你去,我對台大校園很熟悉。 I’ll go with you on registration day. I know the National Taiwan University campus very well.
我帶你們進去逛逛。I’ll take you in for a walk.
一塊兒走吧。 Let’s go together.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Registration (B)
September 18

Saving (A)

儲蓄 Saving

你買了什麼好東西? 包裝的這麼漂亮。

What did you buy wrapped up so beautiful?

是兩個撲滿,準備送給我的外甥做新年禮物。

Two piggy banks, which are given to my nephews as New Year’s presents.
我想,買巧克力糖或是玩具,他們會更喜歡的。 I think they would like them better if the presidents were chocolates or toys

我買撲滿做禮物是有原因的。

I have my reason for buying piggy banks.

什麼原因? 說來聽聽。

What’s your reason? Tell me.

我想讓他們改掉亂花錢的壞習慣。

I want to alter them bad habits of wasting money.

因此你要買撲滿來鼓勵他們儲蓄。

So that’s why you bought piggy banks for them.

是啊,我希望他們能養成儲蓄的好習慣。

That’s right I want them to have the habit of saving their money.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Saving (A)
September 18

Saving (B)

儲蓄 savings

哇! 有禮物要送給我的嗎? Wow! Got a present for me?
才不是。 是給我外甥的。 certainly not. It’s for my nephew.
你買了什麼好東西? 包裝的這麼漂亮。 What good stuff did you buy? So beautifully packaged.
是一個撲滿。 這種新年禮物最棒了。It is a piggy bank. This New Year’s gift is the best.
我想,買巧克力糖或是玩具,他們會更喜歡的。 I think they would like them better if the presidents were chocolates or toys
我買撲滿做禮物是有原因的。 I have my reason for buying piggy banks.
什麼原因? 說來聽聽。 What’s your reason? Tell me.
因為今年過年他們收了紅包。 送撲滿就可以讓他們把錢存起來。 Because they received red envelopes for Chinese New Year this year. Sending a piggy bank allows them to save their money.
你想的真是周到啊。 You are really thoughtful.
我想讓他們改掉亂花錢的壞習慣。 I want to alter them bad habits of wasting money.
送撲滿來鼓勵小孩儲蓄。 真是不錯的方法。 Give piggy bank to encourage kids to save. Really nice way.是呀! 如果他們能養成儲蓄的好習慣,那就太好了。 Yes! It would be great if they could develop a good habit of saving.
你要不要也送我一個撲滿,鼓勵我儲蓄啊。 Would you like to send me a piggy bank too and encourage me to save?
叫我一聲阿姨, 我就送你。 Call me auntie and I ‘ll send you one.
那算了。 Then forget it.
儲蓄是一個好習慣, 你應該鼓勵自己儲蓄啊。 Saving is a good habit, and you should encourage yourself to save.
是呀! 我看我自己去買一個撲滿好了。 I think I’m going to buy one for myself.
這才對嘛。 That’s right.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Saving (B)
September 17

A New Year, New Hopes A

新年新希望A New Year, New Hopes

這本記事年曆送給你,祝你新年快樂。

Here is a yearly planner for you! I wish you a happy new year.

謝謝! 新的一年,你有什麼計劃呢?

Thanks! Do you have any plans for the new year?

我唯一的願望, 就是把中文學好。

My only wish is to learn Chinese well.

一年之計在於春,華人很重視一年的開始。

A saying goes “Spring is the best time to plan the coming year’s work”.

Chinese people really consider the beginning of the year important.

這也就是我送這本記事年曆的目的。

That’s why I gave you a yearly planner.

你想的真周到,我會好好的利用它的。

you are considerate. I will make good use of it.

讓我們一起努力吧。

Let‘s do our best!

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on A New Year, New Hopes A
September 17

A New Year, New Hopes B

奇怪,怎麼還沒來,該不會小莉又記錯地點了?
Strange, why haven’t you come yet, maybe Xiaoli remembered the wrong place again?
嗨, 大年,對不起,我又記錯了
Hi, I’m sorry, I remember wrong again
新年好,文文在新公園門口等我們。 我們快去吧?
Happy New Year, Wenwen is waiting for us at the gate of the new park. shall we go?
別急,這本記事年曆送給你。 祝你新年快樂
Don’t worry, this calendar is for you. Wish you a Happy New Year
謝謝,真漂亮! 新的一年你有什麼計劃呢?
Thanks, it’s beautiful! What are your plans for the new year?
我唯一的願望,就是把工作做好
My only wish is to do a good job
我也是,我會在一年的開始,好好加油的。
Me too, I will work hard at the beginning of the year.
這也就是我送這本記事年曆的目的。
That’s why I gave you a yearly planner.
That’s why I gave this calendar.
那文文有沒有? Does Wenwen has this?
她不需要,因為你比較健忘
she doesn’t need it because you are forgetful
剛剛你還記錯我們約會的地點呢?
Did you remember the place where we met just now?
你想的真周到,我會好好的利用它的。
you are considerate( so thoughtful). I will make good use of it.
新年新希望,讓我們一起努力吧,
New year, new hope, let us work hard together,
下次你講的事情,我都會把它記在記事本上
Next time you say something, I will write it down in my notepad
快去找文文吧? 走吧!
Hurry up and find Wenwen, shall we? let’s go!

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on A New Year, New Hopes B