October 1

Traveling Around The Island-A

我們環島旅行的第一站日月潭到啦!

We’ve arrived in our first stop of the round-island tour.

這兒青山綠水,景色非常優美,什麼時候去遊湖呢?

The green mountains and the lake are so beautiful. When are we going to take a cruise on the lake?

我們先到旅館休息一下,再去坐船遊湖吧!

We’ll go to the hotel to rest for a while, then we take a cruise on the lake.

我一點兒也不想浪費時間,不要休息好嗎?

I don’t want to waste even one minute. Please don’t take a rest.

也好,明天一早就出發,去東西橫貫公路嗎?

Ok. Are we going to the East-West Cross-Island Highway tomorrow?

下午先到天祥,那有不少好玩的地方。

We will arrive in Tien Hsiang in the afternoon. There are a number of interesting spots there.

後天就可以看到太魯閣的天然奇觀了。

The day after tomorrow we will see the national wonder s of Taroko Gorge.

我們可以在哪兒買鞋大理石做的紀念品。

We can buy souvenirs made of marble there.

September 30

Visiting Grandparents

看望祖父母 Visiting Grandparents

暑假有什麼安排嗎?Do you have any plans for the summer vacation?

明天我就要回臺灣去看望我的祖父母了。Tomorrow I’m going back to Taiwan to see my grandparents.

我也很想念我的爺爺、奶奶,可惜不能回去。 I miss my grandparents too.  It is a pity I cannot go.

這次回臺灣,我母親還有一個要求呢。 My mother agreed to let me go to Taiwan under one condition.

什麼要求? 一定是不准你跟弟弟吵架。 What condition? I bet it’s that you cannot quarrel with your younger brother.

不是。我母親規定我們,在臺灣不准說英文。My mother forbids us from speaking a word of English while we are in Taiwan.

不管怎樣,我還是羡慕你能夠回臺灣度假。 No matter what, I still envy you for going to Taiwan on vacation.

我要去收拾行李了,到了臺灣再寫信給你。I’m going to pick up my luggage.  I will write you when I arrive in Taiwan.

September 29

Plan for Summer Vacation

暑假的計劃今天開始放暑假了,你有什麼計劃嗎?Summer vacation starts today。 Do you have any plans?

最近忙著準備考試, 哪有心情想其他的事!I have been preparing for exams.  I haven’t thought about it.

暑假至少有兩個半月,千萬不要浪費掉了。 There are at least two  and a half months of vacation.  Don’t waste your time.

我想去打工賺錢,等存夠了錢就去旅行。I would like to work to make enough money for traveling.

你的年紀只能幫人剪草坪、送報,還能做什麼呢?You are only old enough to mow lawns or to deliver newspapers  What’s good is that

可以給我一些建議嗎?Could you give me any suggestions?

我認為學電腦、中文,對未來比較有説明。I think you can take computer classes or study Chinese. That would be more useful.

好,我就一邊打工一邊學電腦。Okay, then I will take computer classes  while I am working.

 

 

 

September 28

A Television Show

電視節目A Television Show

最近有一部電視影集很受歡迎,你看過嗎? Have you seen the latest popular TV series?

沒有,其實我很少看電視。No, I seldom watch TV.

你平常都看哪些節目?Which program do you usually watch?

除了新聞報導之外,頂多就是看體育節目。 Besides the daily news, I mostly watch sports.

我經常看電視,連兒童節目都愛看。I often watch TV. I even watch children’s programs.

不少卡通影片和兒童節目都製作得很用心。 Some cartoons and children’s programs are very well done.

有些電視節目具有娛樂性和教育性,內容豐富,水準很高。

There are shows with a lot of content that are entertaining and educational.

其實,看電視也是一種很正當的休閑活動。 Actually, watch TV is good leisure activity.

September 26

Shopping in a supermarket-A

逛超市 Shopping in a supermarket

好新鮮的水果,價錢也不貴。

This fruit is very fresh.  Besides, the price isn’t expensive, neither.

這家新開幕超級市場價錢公道,而且購物環境也很舒服。

This news supermarket provides not only fair prices but also a cozy environment.

超級市場比傳統市場貨色齊全。

There are more items sold in supermarkets than those in traditional markets.

超級市場有冷藏設備,所以食物更新鮮、衛生。

The refrigeration facilities in supermarkets make the food fresher and more sanitary.

除了東西價廉物美之外,停車也很方便。

Aside from the reasonable price and excellent quality, parking is also very easy.

超級市場的生鮮蔬果都是直接向產地批發的,所以價錢比較便宜。

Supermarkets procure their goods directly from the producers, so their price  are even lower.

許多人下班以後,都會到這裡買菜。

A lot of people buy food here after work.

超級市場營業時間長,買東西不但方便而且省時。

A lot of people buy food here after work. The business hours of the supermarket a longer.  And it’s more convenient and timesaving to shop there.