August 14

New Address-B

文文,好巧,在這裏碰到你。Wen-Wen, What a great coincidence to see you here.

是啊! 真巧!Yap, it is.

聽說你最近搬家了 I heard that you were moving.

是上個月搬的。I moved last month.

現在住在哪兒?     Where do you live now?

就住在這附近。I live near here.

你的新住址是—等一會兒, 我拿紙和筆記下來。Your new address is—–wait, I’ll write it down.

我的新住址是仁愛路三段三百二十巷十號。My new address is No.10, Lane 320, Section 3, Ren-ai Road.

離我家很近,我就住在仁愛路二段。That’s close to my place.  I live on Section 2, Ren-ai Road.

你上班方便嗎?  Is it convenient for you to go to work?

很方便, 十五分鐘就到了。Yes, It’s very conveniently located.  Only fifteen minutes away.

如果有空, 歡迎到我家坐坐。If you have free time, you are more than welcome to stop by my place.

謝謝, 改天有空一定去拜訪您。Thanks.  I’ll drop by and see you sometime. Continue reading

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on New Address-B
August 14

New Address-AA

新住址New Address

林小姐,聽說您最近搬家了Miss Lin, I heard that you were moving.

是上個月搬的。I moved last month.

如果有空, 歡迎到我家坐坐。 If you have free time, you are more than welcome to stop by my place.

謝謝, 改天有空一定去拜訪您。Thanks.  I’ll drop by and see you sometime. Continue reading

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on New Address-AA
August 14

New Address-A

新住址New Address

林小姐,聽說您最近搬家了

Miss Lin, I heard that you were moving.

是上個月搬的。I moved last month.

現在住在哪兒?     Where do you live now?

我的新住址是仁愛路三段三百二十巷十號。

My new address is No.10, Lane 320, Section 3, Ren-ai Road.

離我家很近,我就住在仁愛路二段。

That’s close to my place.  I live on Section 2, Ren-ai Road.

你上班方便嗎?  Is it convenient for you to go to work?

很方便, 十五分鐘就到了。

Yes, It’s very conveniently located.  Only fifteen minutes away.

如果有空, 歡迎到我家坐坐。

If you have free time, you are more than welcome to stop by my place.

謝謝, 改天有空一定去拜訪您。

Thanks.  I’ll drop by and see you sometime. Continue reading

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on New Address-A
August 13

How long have you studied-A

學了多久?How long have you studied?

李: 方先生,您到臺北多久了。Mr. Fang, how long have you been in Taipei?

方: 我去年八月來的,在這兒住了快一年。I have been here since last August, that is, I’ve been here for about one year.

李:您在美國學過中文嗎? Have you studied Chinese in America?

方:沒有,我的中文是在這兒開始學的。No, I didn’t. I started studying my Chinese when I got here.

李:您學了多久?How long have you studied?

方:我學了差不多八個月了。I’ve been studying for about eight months.

李:才八個月,就能說得那麼好,您真聰明。Only eight months and you can speak Chinese so well! You are really smart.

方:哪裡,謝謝您的誇獎。Not at all.  I’m flattered. Continue reading

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on How long have you studied-A
August 12

Wake Up-B

小莉, 該起床了!XiaoLi, it is time to get up.

還沒呢, 還不到起床的時候嘛。Not yet. It’s not time to get up yet.

你今天不是第一堂有課嗎?Don’t you have first period class today?

是啊,可是現在是七點半,我還有一個小時呢!Yes, but it’s only seven thirty. I still have another hour.

你還要吃早飯呢!You need to eat breakfast.

早飯要吃什麼?I don’t know what to eat yet.

一杯咖啡,兩片麵包。A cup  of coffee and two slice of toast.

好吧!Okay. 我找不到我的錢包, 你看見了嗎?I can’t find my wallet. Have you seen it?

找找看你昨天穿的衣服口袋吧!Check the pocket of the clothes you wore yesterday.

嗯!果然在這兒。文文,謝謝你。Right—-there it is.  Thank you, wen wen. Continue reading

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Wake Up-B