September 16

Buying Holiday Shopping A

年貨大街Busy holiday shopping
快過年了,年貨大街活動開羅了。
Chinese new year is approaching. The New Year’s shopping season has begun.
什麼時候一塊兒去買些年貨吧!
Let’s go New Year’s shopping!
好啊,你想買些什麼特別的東西嗎?
Okay, what do you intend to buy?
年夜飯要準備的東西,我們明天一起去看看好不好?
I want the item for New Year’s eve dinner. How about going together tomorrow?
好啊,我也想買些南北雜乾貨和紅棗、瓜子。
Great! I need some dry goods, red dates, and watermelon seeds.
就怕人太多很擁擠。
I just worry it will be much crowded
擠一擠,熱熱鬧鬧,才有過年的氣氛嘛!
The crowd and the bustle do make New Year’s spring higher.
也對! 那就明天下午一塊兒去。
That’s true. Then we will go together tomorrow afternoon.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Buying Holiday Shopping A
September 14

Seeing An Exhibit B

參觀展覽See An Exhibit
大年! 我在這兒。 Lily! Visit the exhibition
小莉! 你什麼時候到的? When did you arrive?
我剛到沒多久。 I just arrived not long ago.
我正在想你會不會迷路了? I’m wondering if you’re getting lost?
當然不會今天很順利,我搭捷運來的。
Of course it won’t be smooth today, I came here by MRT.
捷運真的很方便。 The MRT is really convenient.
對了,我們要看什麼展覽? By the way, what exhibition are we going to see?
紀念國父孫中山先生的展覽。
An exhibition commemorating the father of the nation, Dr. Sun Yat-sen.
要買門票嗎? Want to buy tickets?
今天這個展覽是自由參觀,不需要買門票。
Today this exhibition is free to visit, no need to buy tickets.
我聽說有紀念孫中山先生的展覽,早就想來看看。
I heard that there is an exhibition commemorating Dr. Sun Yat-sen, and I wanted to see it for a long time.
你對孫中山先生的歷史有興趣?
Are you interested in the history of Mr. Sun Yat-sen?
我想多瞭解一下這位偉大的政治家。
I want to know more about this great statesman.
今天的展覽一定能滿足你的願望。
Today’s exhibition is sure to satisfy your wishes.
我們快進去吧。 Let’s go in.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Seeing An Exhibit B
September 14

Seeing An Exhibit A

參觀展覽
莉莉! 我在這兒。 你什麼時候到的?
I’m over here LiLi. What time did you get here?
我也剛到沒多久。 我正在想你會不會迷路了?
I just got here a short while. I was just thinking if you would get lost or not.
今天很順利,我是搭捷運來的。
It was very easy today. I took the MRT.
這個展覽是自由參觀,不需要買門票,我們進去吧。
It was very easy today. I took the MRT. This is a free exhibit. We don’t need tickets. Let’s go in.
我聽說有紀念孫中山先生的展覽,很想來看看。
I heard there is an exhibit in Memorial of Dr.Sun Yat Sen. I’d really like to see it.
你對孫中山先生的歷史有興趣?
Are you interested in the history of Dr. Sun Yat Sen?
我想對這位偉大的政治家,多瞭解一些。
I would like to understand more about this great stateman.
今天的展覽一定可以滿足你的願望。
This exhibit today will definitely satisfy your wish.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Seeing An Exhibit A
September 13

Taking The MRT A

搭捷運Taking the MRT

請問下一站是不是國父紀念館?

Excuse me. Is the next stop the Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall?

還有三站才到呢。 我也在那站下車。

There are three more station to go. I also get off at that stop.

麻煩你下車的時候, 叫我一聲,我不認識路。

Could you tell me when you get off?  I‘m not familiar with the stops

沒問題。 下車以後,我帶你去國父紀念館。

No problem. After we get it off, I will take you to the Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall.

臺北的捷運系統真是方便,又快又穩。

The MRT station in Taipei it’s really very convenient. It is faster as well as smooth.

是啊,特別是趕時間的時候,不必擔心路上交通擁擠。

It is sure in especially when you are in a hurry,  you don’t have to be worried about the heavy traffic.

我跟朋友約好九點見面, 應該不會遲到吧?

I am going to meet a friend there at about nine o’clock.  I won’t be date, will I?

你放心,別著急,我們已經到了。

Take it easy, don’t worry.  We are already there.

 

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Taking The MRT A
September 12

Asking Direction-B

大年,你要不要去國父紀念館聽音樂會?

Da nian, do you want to go to the Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall to listen to the concert?

好啊,哪一天呢? OK, what day is it?

明天晚上。 Tomorrow evening.

明天不行,我有事,你可以找羅傑一起去。

Not tomorrow, I have something to do, you can go with Roger.

可是他不知道國父紀念館怎麼去?

But he didn’t know how to get to the Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall?

很簡單,只要搭公車或是捷運到國父紀念館站下車,就到了。

It’s very simple, just take the bus or MRT and get off at the Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall Station, and you’re there. 我從這裡要怎麼走呢? How do I go from here?

這裡有一張臺北市地圖我來指給你看。

Here’s a map of Taipei City that I’ll show you.

從這裡往前走,五分鐘。 就可以看到公車站或是捷運站。

Go ahead from here, five minutes. You can see the bus station or the MRT station.

搭哪一種車比較方便呢? Which car is more convenient to take?

搭公車和搭捷運都很方便,不過搭捷運又快又不會塞車。 It is very convenient to take the bus and the MRT, but the MRT is fast and no traffic jams.

那我和羅傑一起去搭捷運。 Then I’ll take the MRT with Roger.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Asking Direction-B