September 7

The Airport (MV)

A 這班飛機的乘客不少,快去劃位吧!
There are a lot of passengers on this flight. Hurry to check in.
B 不要急,離起飛的時間還有兩小時.
No rush. There is another two hours before our plane takes off. Take it easy.
C 把護照給我,我去劃位。
Give me your passport. I’ll go(to)check in.
D 行李都交給航空公司托運嗎?
Are you going to send all of our luggage?
E 最好都托運,隨身帶的東西越少越好。
It would be better to send all of it. The less we carry the better.
F 可是我這些想帶在身上!
But, I want to bring the skin care products with me.
A 別忘了超過100毫升的液體,不能帶上飛機!Oh please! Don’t you remember liquids over 100ml aren’t allowed to bring to the airplane?
Your skin care products will be thrown away.
F 等我一下! 把它們放在行李。
Right. I do forget. Wait a second. I’ll put these products to my luggage’s to send.
E 這就對了! That’s right.
B 我的座位要劃在靠走道的位置。
Please reserve an aisle seat for me.
C 都弄好了,該去檢查行李了。
All down. Now it’s time to check our luggage.
D 現在就去候機室太早了吧?
Is it still too early to get to the boarding room?
F 機場那麼大,候機室很遠,The airport is very big and the gate is far away.
C 還是先進去吧!We’d better go earlier.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on The Airport (MV)
September 7

The Airport-A

機場 The Airport
這班飛機的乘客不少,快去劃位吧!There are a lot of passengers on this flight.  Hurry to check in.
把機票、護照給我,我去劃位。Give me your ticket and passport. I’ll go(to)check in.
行李都交給航空公司托運嗎?Are you going to send all of our luggage?
最好都托運,隨身帶的東西越少越好。It would be better to send all of it.  The less we carry the better.
我的座位要劃在靠走道的位置。Please reserve an aisle seat for me.
都弄好了,該去檢查行李了。All down. Now it’s time to check our luggage.
現在就去候機室太早了吧?Is it still too early to get to the boarding room?
機場那麽大,候機室很遠,還是先進去吧!The airport is very big and the gate is far away.  We’d better go earlier. Continue reading

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on The Airport-A
September 6

Hotel Reservations B

大年,聽說你要出國?

I heard that you are going abroad?

是啊,公司派我去日本。

Yes, the company sent me to Japan.

你預備哪一天去呢?

我打算這個月十二號動身。

I’m going to set off on the twelfth of this month.

您是住朋友家呢,還是住旅館?

Are you staying at a friend’s house or in a hotel?

我不想打擾朋友,已經訂好旅館了。

I don’t want to bother my friends.  I have a reserve a hotel room.

您訂的是什麼樣的旅館?

What kind of hotel did you reserve?

一家觀光飯店,以前我住過一次,還不錯。

A tourist hotel.   I stayed there before.  It’s pretty nice.

價錢怎麼樣? 貴不貴?

How much is it?  Is it expensive?

不貴, 一間雙人房一天大概台幣三千六百

It’s not expensive. A double room is about NT 3,600 NTD per night.

在日本算是便宜的。 我好想去日本旅行。

It’s cheap in Japan. I really want to travel to Japan.

我是去工作不是旅行。

I’m going to work not traveling.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Hotel Reservations B
September 6

Hotel Reservations A

張先生,您預備哪天去日本?What date do you plan to go to Japan? Mr. Chang?

我打算這個月十二號動身。I’m going to set off on the twelfth of this month.

您是住朋友家呢,還是住旅館了?Are you staying at a friend’s house or in a hotel?

我不想打擾朋友,已經訂好旅館了。I don’t want to bother my friends. I have a reserve a hotel room.

您訂的是什麼樣的旅館?What kind of hotel did you reserve?

一家觀光飯店,以前我做過一次,還不錯。 A tourist hotel.  I stayed there before. It’s pretty nice.

價錢怎麼樣? 貴不貴?How much is it?  Is it expensive?

不貴, 一間雙人房一天大概台幣三千六百It’s not expensive. A double room is about NT 3,600 NTD per night.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Hotel Reservations A
September 4

Checks A

支票 Check

小姐,我有一张支票要兑现 Yes I would like to cash this check

这张支票不能马上领现金。You may not receive cash immediately after cashing this check.

为什么?这张是空头支票吗?Why not? This isn’t a bad check. is it?

不是的。这是银行本票,得交换以后才能兑现。No, it isn’t This is a bank check. You must exchange it first then you may receive your money (after it is processed)

那我应该怎么做呢?Then, what should I do?

你先把支票存到户头里,过两天再来领钱。You need to put the check into your account first,  wait two days then collect your money.

要不要填存款单?需要存折吗?Should I fill out a saving deposit form?  Do I need my chip bank book

都要。你还得在支票后面盖章签名。Yes, you need all of them. You also need to sign your name on the back of the check.

Category: Speak Mandarin in 1000 Words | Comments Off on Checks A